• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

a song for Wayne

axeman

To Blondie, One Way or Another

Wayne Gray, score another, he's gonna find ya'
he's gonna get ya', get ya', get ya', get ya'

repeated

Song for Petts to the tune of '1 in 10' by UB40:

He is our number 10,
He is Carl Pettefer
(repeat)
Nobody knows him, but he's always there
Statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care.

I've kept the last line from the UB40 version though I realise it doesn't really make sense in a soccer context.

Hope you like it. I really do.
Cheers

Me and my Motley Crew made one up for Petts months ago and have tried to get it going at various games. It got a few laughs at Cambridge on Monday but it didn't go down well at the Brizzy LDV Home Leg.

With apologies to Mel and Kim.

Che-Che-Che-Che-Ch-Ch-Ch-Che-Che-Che
Take or leave us
Only please believe us
You ain't ever gonna beat Che-Wilson

laugh.gif

to the tune of 'he's here, he's there, he's fcuking everywhere'

He's small,
He's lean
His shorts are always green

Fla-havan, Fla-havan

To the tune of One day at a time sweet jesus

Wayne Gray in the side said Tilson
all our hopes come true
the blues going up
we'll lift up the cup
with super wayne gray.

(fade put with various ad lib echoes of Wayne Gray that descends into a contest of who can Shout Wayne Gray the loudest)

I think we need to modify 'Clint Eastwood' by Gorillaz as a tribute to the real Mr Eastwood....

We ain't happy, we're feeling glad
He put the football, in the onion bag
We were useless, but not for long
The future is League One
Is League One
Is League One
Is League One......

Some of these are really top efforts, although I can't really see them catching on, unless perhaps clips are played after, in Eastwood's & Gray's cases, they score etc.

Particularly like your one W4S!

Song Update!

Double Double Double,
We're Guna Win The Double,
The LDV Then The Football League,
We're Guna Win The Double,

Repeat...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 31 2005,12:41)]Must be time for a bit of Pet Shop Boys

Go west, for the LDV
Go west, with Wayne and Freddy
Go west, where we’ll win the cup
Watch out coz we’re going up.

I'll stick to my day job.  
blues.gif
Very good chorus. Let me add a verse...

(Together) we'll go all the way,
(Together) with Freddy and Wayne Gray,
(Together) Barrett, Maher too,
(Together) We're going up you know it's true.

(Together) Our unbeaten run,
(Together) Taking us up to League 1,
(Together) Led by Brush and Tilly,
(Together) This is our destiny...

For the Wayne Gray song, the one you want is

(to intro of YMCA)

Duh du-duh, du-du du-duh du-duh duh,
Duh du-duh, du-du du-duh du-duh duh
Duh, du-du-duh, du-du-duhh
Wayne Gray

Might look rubbish but sing it to yourself, or perhaps in a group, and it sounds hilarious, not least for the massive silence at the end of it!

I have been thinking for some time that we must be able to do something with the tune to Tainted Love. Even if all we do is sing Wayney Gray to the chorus bit it could catch on. I also like a bit of Marky Marky Gower on the wing which, for those young uns is to the tune of Ging Gang Gooly (dont go there!)

I also think that there is potential in the old Rupert the Bear song....Fredy, Fredy Eastwood, everyone sing his name, Fredy, Fredy Eastwood, Fredy will find the net in every game!

Oh ok I will shut up now!

Or the simple but effective:

Wayne Gray!

It's just like watching Pele, it's just like watching Pele, it's just like watching Pele

oops.gif

or to the same tune

Wayne Gray
There's only one Wayne Gray, there's only one Wayne Gray,
there's only one Wayne Gray

Two things that get on my nerves about songs:
1) The continual 'theres only one.... whoever' One Adam Barrett is good and maybe Kevin Maher but the other players should be left out of the 'Theres only one' tune.
2) The song 'We hate Orient' always sung everywhere. MOST SOUTHEND FANS DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT ORIENT!!!
mad.gif
How come we never sing 'We hate Col Ewe' or anti Canvey songs as they are the true Essex rivals.
Sing we hate Orient on the days we play them but not every single time.

Back