• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A SUFC XI made from players who share your first name

David Cusack
Dave Cunningham
David Barnett
David Martin x 2
Dave Young
David Keefe
Dave Worthington
Dave Elliott
David Chambers
David Stone

David Webb (manager)

Not sure on formation and no goalkeeper!
PS thanks to Mason and Goody's book !!
Dave Stone a real blast from the past .

So far I’ve got Graeme Bressington in goal...

:Unsure:

(And while I know I’m biased, "Graeme Graeme Graeme Graeme Bressington, woh Graeme Graeme" has to be the worst chant ever heard at a football ground.)

Graham Wilkins
Graham Coughlan
Graham Horn
Graham Birks
Graham Franklin

ps it's Graham Bressington...

Here you go Mr Noxious

Trevor Roberts
Paul Roberts Rob Kiernan Rob Newman Bob Worthington
Rob Milsom Robert Codner Bobby Kellard Bobby Wyldes
Bobby Gilfillan Bobby Cameron

Ha - well played, Matt. What a donkey forgetting Rob Kiernan after his stolid defensive midfield displays towards the end of last season! I did see Rob Newman a few times too but that was after I'd moved to Cornwall and I only saw a few intermittent games at Torquay during that time. Milsom I saw at Leicester in 2008 and quickly forgot. As for the others, I thought I'd be tripped up by a Bobby or two but well done for getting a team out of all those Roberts! :Clap:

I'm struggling with this one, have we ever had a player with Ezekiel as the first name? Or failing that how about nebuchadnezzar:Unsure:

Jesus.....you ask fans to pick a team for the first league game based on our current squad and talk a bit of tactics and style of play and it gets 5 replies just 3 suggestions......

Ask them to name a team full of players with the same Christian name and it’s 3 pages long and over 50 replies

Wtf ?? Football fans eh.....??‍♂️

Jesus.....you ask fans to pick a team for the first league game based on our current squad and talk a bit of tactics and style of play and it gets 5 replies just 3 suggestions......

Ask them to name a team full of players with the same Christian name and it’s 3 pages long and over 50 replies

Wtf ?? Football fans eh.....??‍♂️
You never know how Zoners will react to a thread/post. Give them a poll to play with and you will normally get quite a few takers, offer them a chance to win some dosh and you will definitely get some interest, but if folk don't get into a thread then there you go. You've been on the Zone since 2018 @Grapevine, you must have experienced this sort of thing before. It's not just a Zone phenomenon, most other boards are similar.

Yeah each to their own. I wasn’t losing sleep over it I just found it funny.

Back