• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those in the North Bank that didn't abuse Peter Shilton take one pace forward. If he is getting stick on the pitch let's hope the opps continue to do so because it is working wonders for his performance.

Have we ever been this rich in depth of quality forwards?

"Does your Mrs know you're here "

The best chant I heard was West Ham vs Man Utd just after Tommy Docherty's dalliance with the physios wife.."Docs up Mary Brown "

Whilst players are involved day to day, I would think their mind is on the next game, the problem will come off season, when perhaps they have more time on their hands.
PB is playing a blinder with this signing, and maybe NR does see this as last chance saloon in the English game, problem is with China flooding the football world, I am sure one of the newer clubs would take up the slack if it happens or in the good old USA

Just hope he gets PB suits back from the cleaners, looking forward to Andy T next installment

UTS

As I couldn't get tickets to join all the other Southend supporters on Saturday against the Wombles, myself and my good lady had to watch among the home side. We were among the crowd at the other end of the Fartgas stand and used a series of pre-arranged covert hand signals to show our angst or happiness and thus avoid detection.
However, we were both upset by a couple of morons who made remarks to Ranger when he was near to us in the second half. Shouts of 'Ranger, you're a rapist' I feel do not reflect well on anyone. However, I am hoping that there will be someone on here who has some form of contact with Nile to say to him how impressed I was with the way he did not react to the idiots and thus avoided an ugly scene that may have led to problems on the pitch. It couldn't have been easy to not over-react. And just maybe, the steward who was standing nearby, could have had a quiet word with them.
It's called "trying to put the opposition off their game." Been the way in football for decades. You give it, you take it !!!

Nile will get abuse wherever we go. If we went up he'd get even more stick from fans in the Championship with bigger clubs, more supporters etc. Imagine the treatment he'd get at Sunderland!

One thought though. If Ranger was playing against us now for any club, our fans would be giving him stick, no doubt about it. Unfortunately his problems have invited the abuse. I hope he's turned the corner, because he is a special talent that we need to keep.

Mind you, that Geordie fella's rant that was posted a couple of months back would take some beating! :dim:

My post is a little bit off topic but it fits here better than starting a new thread.

Ranger could implode mentally tomorrow, he could get banged up in April, he could do more bad stuff and not tell us until the old bill come calling. None of these things would surprise me in the slightest, sadden me, yes, but surprise? sadly no. He could also be the brightest gem this club has had in many years if he keeps his head out of his arse and feels the footballing man love most of us have for the bloke.

Leaving aside the abuse, I reckon we just have to enjoy the moment with Nile for however long it lasts. You watch, bloody Ron will now sell him this summer for squillions.

The more you see that goal of his on Saturday, the more it reminds you of that run that Stan did on his debut against Notts County when we realized we had something a bit special in our side.

Yes, you might be right.

He could end up like Tyrone Barnett! :blush::facepalm:

My post is a little bit off topic but it fits here better than starting a new thread.

Ranger could implode mentally tomorrow, he could get banged up in April, he could do more bad stuff and not tell us until the old bill come calling. None of these things would surprise me in the slightest, sadden me, yes, but surprise? sadly no. He could also be the brightest gem this club has had in many years if he keeps his head out of his arse and feels the footballing man love most of us have for the bloke.

Leaving aside the abuse, I reckon we just have to enjoy the moment with Nile for however long it lasts. You watch, bloody
Ron will now sell him this summer for squillions.

Imagine him being sold for a few million to some Chinese club? I wonder what they'd make of him?

I think the hardest time for Ranger will be the off season.

Who'll keep an eye on him between the end of the season and start of pre-season? Just hope he can keep his head together.

I think the hardest time for Ranger will be the off season.

Who'll keep an eye on him between the end of the season and start of pre-season? Just hope he can keep his head together.

Wey aye man!

Phil of course!

Have you not read the brilliant PB Diaries?? (or if you prefer a less accurate media source, I would recommend the evening echo?) :smile:

He often takes him down to the pub for a couple of jars of Newqui Brown ale & a packet of pork scratchings... In times of deep crisis, I hear he often invites Horts also along to the pub also (as long as he brings he's laundry & a board game.... preferably Buckeroo)... I can't say that's gospel, But I'm hearing on the grapevine, Nile is more of a "Hungry Hippo" type of guy! :smile:

Wey aye man!

Phil of course!

Have you not read the brilliant PB Diaries?? (or if you prefer a less accurate media source, I would recommend the evening echo?) :smile:

He often takes him down to the pub for a couple of jars of Newqui Brown ale & a packet of pork scratchings... In times of deep crisis, I hear he often invites Horts also along to the pub also (as long as he brings he's laundry & a board game.... preferably Buckeroo)... I can't say that's gospel, But I'm hearing on the grapevine, Nile is more of a "Hungry Hippo" type of guy! :smile:

oooh Shrimpers as board games, that sounds like a new thread

Nile Ranger Risk
Wordsworth - Frustration
Lee Barnard Operation

Are we doing card games as well? Nicky Bailey and Richie Foran can have the same one (with a slighly different name).

Foran - Chase The Lady.
Bailey - Hunt the ****.

The more you see that goal of his on Saturday, the more it reminds you of that run that Stan did on his debut against Notts County when we realized we had something a bit special in our side.

Agreed.

What did happen to Steve Brown?

The following week we were not so sure after Terry Butcher marked him out off the game .

Back