• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accounts since 2003

Firestorm

Pedant
no doubt there will be more what happened to the cash posts over the coming days so I thought i would summarise the accounts from 2002/3 season

02/03
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.7M
Income 2.1M
Wages -1.5M
Expenses -0.77M
Other Income/Admin expenses 0.34M
years Profit 0.21M

03/04
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.48M
Income 3.1M
Wages -1.3M
Expenses -0.9M
Transfer fees paid -0.017M
Other Income/Admin expenses -0.48M
years Profit 0.08M

04/05
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.4M
Income 3.8M
Wages -1.9M
Expenses -1.15M
Transfer fees paid -0.05M
Other Income/Admin expenses -0.77M
years loss -0.002M (2,017)

05/06
Income 3.7M
Wages -2.5M
Expenses -1.2M
Transfer fees paid -0.124M
Other Income/Admin expenses 0.3M (including injection of 1.5M)
years Profit 0.192M

0/07
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.21M
Income 6.87M
Transfer Fees Recd 1.52M
Wages -3.7M
Expenses -1.88M
Transfer fees paid -0.34M
Other Income/Admin expenses -1.43M
years Profit 1.34M

07/08
Carried Fwd from previous year -2.87M
Income 4.73M
Transfer Fees Recd 0.63M
Wages -3.38M
Expenses -2.4M
Transfer fees paid -0.566M
Other Income/Admin expenses -1.977M
years Loss -2.468M
Carried forward to next year -5.09M

So it would appear that the cash cow that we thought the Championship year was , turned out to be a white elephant.
leaving us with 2M extra wages and associated expenses, which considering that 05/06 would have been a 1.3M loss without the loan from the parent company, shows the hole which was developing back then

Last edited:
no doubt there will be more what happened to the cash posts over the coming days so I thought i would summarise the accounts from 2002/3 season

02/03
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.7M
Income 2.1M
Wages -1.5M
Expenses -0.77M
Other Income/Admin expenses 0.34M
years Profit 0.21M

03/04
Income 3.1M
Wages -1.3M
Expenses -0.9M
Transfer fees paid -0.017M
Other Income/Admin expenses -0.48M
years Profit 0.08M

04/05
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.4M
Income 3.8M
Wages -1.9M
Expenses -1.15M
Transfer fees paid -0.05M
Other Income/Admin expenses -0.77M
years loss -0.002M (2,017)

05/06
Income 3.7M
Wages -2.5M
Expenses -1.2M
Transfer fees paid -0.124M
Other Income/Admin expenses 0.3M (including injection of 1.5M)
years Profit 0.192M

0/07
Carried Fwd from previous year -4.21M
Income 6.87M
Transfer Fees Recd 1.52M
Wages -3.7M
Expenses -1.88M
Transfer fees paid -0.34M
Other Income/Admin expenses -1.43M
years Profit 1.34M

07/08
Carried Fwd from previous year -2.87M
Income 4.73M
Transfer Fees Recd 0.63M
Wages -3.38M
Expenses -2.4M
Transfer fees paid -0.566M
Other Income/Admin expenses -1.977M
years Loss -2.468M
Carried forward to next year -5.09M

So it would appear that the cash cow that we thought the Championship year was , turned out to be a white elephant.
leaving us with 2M extra wages and associated expenses, which considering that 05/06 would have been a 1.3M loss without the loan from the parent company, shows the hole which was developing back then

thanks for that FS, funny how promotion to the ccc has been such a poop event (financially)

I don't think the immediate relegation was much of a plus point either.

Bingo. Its pretty staggering that the "Expenses" went from £100,000 to nigh on 2 million quid in just 6 seasons. What exactly did that go towards or is it not broken down?!

Kev

Income has grown 225%, wages have also grown 225%, so that is not this issue, which negates RM's stance that we have been paying championship wages, which is the route of our problem.

Other expenses and Admin has risen by 440% from 1.1m to 4.7m.

There lies the problem. I sincerely hope that at least 2.5m of this increase is due to the stadium, but I doubt it.

Surely it doesn't cost 4 times the amount to run a football club as it did 6 years ago (excluding wages).

Serious mis-management and lack of cost control.

The extra 'admin costs' will be things like:-

1. Installing those automatic sprinklers into the pitch
2. A few years ago when we 'planned' to 'fix' the scoreboard...it had all the scaffolding around it for a few months anyway...
3. The court case with Mr Wignall, compensation and legal costs incurred.
4. The new portacabin offices on top of the East Stand. Planning Permission was also needed for this which is yet more legal costs.
5. Flying and overnight stays at away games.

These are a few straight off the top of my head, but show where the 'admin' expenses are going!!

2. A few years ago when we 'planned' to 'fix' the scoreboard...it had all the scaffolding around it for a few months anyway...
4. The new portacabin offices on top of the East Stand. Planning Permission was also needed for this which is yet more legal costs.

These are a few straight off the top of my head, but show where the 'admin' expenses are going!!

6. Ticket system and new turnstiles.

Ticket system, new turnstyles, portacabin's etc. would all be capital expenditure, and therefore the only charge that would be included in the admin costs is the depreciation.

For example if the turnstyles cost £500k and are expected to be around for 20 years, only 1/20th of that £500k would show up in the expenses every year. i.e. £25k

We all know that other things have gone up, but 440%

8. Those coffee/tea backpack things that go around offering drinks to the front rows of the stands while everyone else just goes to the counter. Probably cost about £500,000 at least

8. Those coffee/tea backpack things that go around offering drinks to the front rows of the stands while everyone else just goes to the counter. Probably cost about £500,000 at least

And which didn't make a reappearance this year. I'd have thought the biggest contributory factors are wages (and I don't mean players) and costs associated with FF.

Ticket system, new turnstyles, portacabin's etc. would all be capital expenditure, and therefore the only charge that would be included in the admin costs is the depreciation.

For example if the turnstyles cost £500k and are expected to be around for 20 years, only 1/20th of that £500k would show up in the expenses every year. i.e. £25k

We all know that other things have gone up, but 440%

Depends if they are treated as capital items or indeed as repairs and renewals.

6. Ticket system and new turnstiles.

1 and 6 wouldn't be admin costs, they'd be capitalised.

I doubt the scaffolding on the scoreboard would have cost anything more than a couple of hundred quid.

I thought we won the court case with Wignall, so at worst we would only have to pay our costs.

Those portacabins were put up by Jobson weren't they? Even if they weren't, they would most likely be capitalised.

Number 5 is probably the only legitimate cost.

Back