• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think part of what makes Coker so effective is that when he bombs forward, we do have White who is more defensive to tuck in and make the back four become more of a back three which gives Coker the chance to get forward how he does. I would imagine that if PB wants to go for a more attacking right back he might be doing so with a thought of using the 3-5-2/5-3-2 we trialled in pre-season, possibly moving White into the middle more. Having two full backs so attacking with only four at the back would be very dangerous, especially with the lack of a true holding midfielder in Timlin's absence, unless Clifford can fill that role.

i'm not disputing that JW is 6-7/10 every week he is a good defender. i cannot believe that stat re assists, his crossing is woeful as is his passing game.
it might be different this season with new wingers/forwards, but how well Ben Coker plays is so important to the team; if he has an off day then the whole team suffers. Having an alternative outlet on the right who could also do that role would both take the pressure off Ben somewhat and also allow the midfield more options.
To be fair to John he is playing behind Hurst who has been woeful since about New Year, but since the shoulder injury he doesn't quite seem the same player. If when I see him on Saturday he is back to his best then I will gladly come on here and say so!

Doesnt matter if you believe it or not, its fact.

He came 11th in the league with 5 assists.

So my point is, White has good assist stats but (without Pringello which seems to be down) I'd guess that fans have rated Coker's performances higher and Coker usually looks more competent in attack.

Just rebranded as there is already something called the Capello Index and didn't want any confusion/legal problems.

http://www.fanthesis.com/match/4138

Ahh ok nice one.

So last season cokers average was 6.65 and whites 6.25. They both played a similar amount of games.

I think Jon White is a solid and committed defender and he can put in a decent cross. However he is a little bit basic at times not that its a bad thing. However I think we saw with the fleeting appearance of Luke O'Neill the difference a really top full back can make at this level.

White is more than good enough for us but I don't see the harm in creating competition assuming the cost to us is minimal.

ah i see equal 11th alongside Barry Corr and Ben Coker, amongst many others...

Got one more than Coker according to the football league.

I take those stats with a pinch of salt as Leonard only has 1 and Im sure he must have more than that. Either way, you can see he contributes as much as Coker to assists.

Not really sure why White is getting this attention to be honest, he is a solid defender and dont see right back as a position we need to improve, just add cover for.

Back to the subject, I was probably not the only one that sent a twitter to CP, (perhaps it's another reason why it's nice to be a small club - contact with the local press - I imagine he in turn in contact with the club) asking whether he'd heard anything about this rumour. There's been no reply, which tells you a lot...........or nothing at all! Inclined to believe there may just be something in it or perhaps we would have had a pretty quick denial.

Well he did tweet this at the start of the week:-

Adam Drury @Adamdrury93 · 4 août

Genuinely Excited to go to sleep tonight
1f4a4.png

Perhaps he knows something we don't. What else could get him so excited other than the thought of a dream move on loan to Southend United???

might be worth getting luke o'neil back for a bit, even if only for the option to go more attacking. but if we are flying forward from full back, which i love, i wouldn't mind more of a holding player in the middle

Chris Phillips claims Brown says he has rejected the move

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982
Phil Brown has confirmed Adam Drury has opted against joining Blues on loan. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

Back