• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Half an hour into today's match Adam decided to tweet about how many followers he has gained/lost this week. I replied saying I am glad that's more important to you than watching your teammates. Shock horror he has since deleted the tweet. Personally I think his attitude stinks and we should terminate his loan in January if possible.
It doesn't take a genius to realise that these tweets are tweeted by 3rd party websites and are not actual tweets from the person themselves. Maybe you should have thought before reacting and used a bit of common sense instead of tweeting abuse at King who has done nothing wrong and starting this pointless thread.

Half an hour into today's match Adam decided to tweet about how many followers he has gained/lost this week. I replied saying I am glad that's more important to you than watching your teammates. Shock horror he has since deleted the tweet. Personally I think his attitude stinks and we should terminate his loan in January if possible.
More to the point, shouldn't you have been glued to the game rather than looking at your phone, bloody part time supporter ����:raspberry:

I'm looking forward to the day when a player tweets while he is actually playing or takes a self-congratulatory selfie after he has just played a nice pass. I'd also like to see players show their commitment to the club by updating their facebook accounts at half time. Social media offers all sorts of inane possibilities and I don't think the club is doing enough to explore them.

:smile:

Or even video themselves taking a penalty, so we get an angle from both in front and behind the goal.

Iirc King is a Payne type of attacking midfielder , brought in to cover a role for which, at the time, we had no one available (Wordsworth was injured) at a time when short term loans were not allowed.
Since then we have changed systems due to other players being available, Wordsworth has returned, his role in now, in all probability, is part of plan C tactically or cover for two injuries in one area of the pitch. Hardly his fault really and to be honest , if the loan regulations had been the same as last season, he would have finished his loan here in October and be playing in league 2 regularly by now. I think he is the one who should be feeling hard done by here.

I thought he also played - that great position of need within our squad - right-back, which doesn't sound very Jack Payne like to me.

To be fair to the lad he was in the team when many were not playing well. If he stepped in to the current team as a straight swap for Wordsworth he might well look a different proposition...if and when the chance comes however I would strongly advise him to make sure he grabs it. I don't think there will be many more.

Poor lad wasn't good enough (with the other 10 players on the pitch at the time....) he didn't mean to be ****.

He hasn't robbed your grandma and isn't nicking your money....give the lad a break. Who knows, we might need him in the next few weeks.

PS. OP....before you slate someone on Social Media then come running to a forum to say how great you are....learn how SM works.

I have to say, this young man was at the JB party tonight and he was a real pleasure to have there, joined in with the kids, gave out presents, was approachable and had a big smile on his face the whole night. Not one moan from him about the length of time he was there...unlike a few others I could (but won't) mention.

As others have said, he was brought in at a time we were short, I'm not sure if the loan had to be for a season, but it's probably not in his best interests to stay with us with the current fit personnel.

I think we need to act like humans as to how we go about

A lot has made of this in the last free days , with Neville and Klopp etc, but let's not forget, these players are young lads , just trying to make their way I life. Earn a living , in a profession , not taking from society and , in our capacity " as supporters" deem it acceptable to belittle and out these young men down.

Mcqueens father got a lot of criticism on here ,as did Bentleys dad , but let's also respect that these are those young boys fathers , those that have children , how protective of you of yours ?

To be fair to the lad he was in the team when many were not playing well. If he stepped in to the current team as a straight swap for Wordsworth he might well look a different proposition...if and when the chance comes however I would strongly advise him to make sure he grabs it. I don't think there will be many more.

Good point 'kent'

Also, TBF to him, he has come from a club that passes the ball around quickly and was on loan at another, Crewe, who do the same.

Early season, his role seemed to consist of something a little more alien to him.

I didn't see a lot of him, in truth, but maybe the circumstances of our performances and system at that time, didn't suit his game as much as they might now.

Some nice words about him from 'OBL', as well.

He certainly doesn't appear to have let us down with his attitude and commitment to the club.

I have to say, this young man was at the JB party tonight and he was a real pleasure to have there, joined in with the kids, gave out presents, was approachable and had a big smile on his face the whole night. Not one moan from him about the length of time he was there...unlike a few others I could (but won't) mention.

As others have said, he was brought in at a time we were short, I'm not sure if the loan had to be for a season, but it's probably not in his best interests to stay with us with the current fit personnel.

The lad can only do his best. Is likely he did not request to come here and play in a team that was quite frankly poor from 1 to 11 (in old money) at the time. He himself was dreadful when I saw him.
However, if he has the right attitude - and from what OBL says he certainly has - then no point in slating him.
I wish him well.

As already said that would be an automated tweet generated by an app he has signed up for.

If using Twitter apps is indicative of attitude though then yes lets get rid.

I have to say, this young man was at the JB party tonight and he was a real pleasure to have there, joined in with the kids, gave out presents, was approachable and had a big smile on his face the whole night.
Indeed. Looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself bowling with Matsuzaka and Kyps.

Poor lad wasn't good enough (with the other 10 players on the pitch at the time....) he didn't mean to be ****.

He hasn't robbed your grandma and isn't nicking your money....give the lad a break. Who knows, we might need him in the next few weeks.

PS. OP....before you slate someone on Social Media then come running to a forum to say how great you are....learn how SM works.

Nile Ranger is innocent until proven guilty.

Back