• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ademola Lookman to Everton for £11m

I guess that means Charlton can afford to bring in a few this month. A trip to the Valley in April my be a bigger game than it looked a month ago.

Given he's 19 it will probably be based on milestones rather than a lump sum so Charlton may have to wait a couple of windows before getting significant amounts of cash.

£11m for a league one player is madness.

Otherwise known as the Dele Alli effect.

He's got everything going for him and stands every chance of being a success at Everton. The concern will be whether he settles on Merseyside and whether Everton's staff/fans have the patience to wait for him to refine and iron out some of the kinks in his game, of which there are a few.

I guess that means Charlton can afford to bring in a few this month.

There'll probably be some as Robinson shapes his squad, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be a lot spent. The next phase of the training ground redevelopment is slated to start this summer.

Otherwise known as the Dele Alli effect.

He's got everything going for him and stands every chance of being a success at Everton. The concern will be whether he settles on Merseyside and whether Everton's staff/fans have the patience to wait for him to refine and iron out some of the kinks in his game, of which there are a few.

There'll probably be some as Robinson shapes his squad, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be a lot spent. The next phase of the training ground redevelopment is slated to start this summer.

True, but even £1m goes a fair way in L1. The mad Charlton owners do want to get back to the Championship at the first attempt. From what I saw and remember they have injuries, they could be a good outside bet for promotion.

I can't even imagine what £11 million would mean to us , regardless of whether its in installments - which most transfers are

I guess that means Charlton can afford to bring in a few this month. A trip to the Valley in April my be a bigger game than it looked a month ago.
And the first they bring in with the cash is a Southend lad, Jake Forster-Caskey from Brighton.

And the first they bring in with the cash is a Southend lad, Jake Forster-Caskey from Brighton.

Very good signing that, surprised Brighton have let him go on a permanent. Karl Robinson sticking to who he knows, he had him on loan when he was at MK.

I was at the Charlton game with my cousin who's a Charlton fan.
He was worried that most of the money would just be laundered recycled through the owners various dodgy Belgian interests and he'd bring in some players from one of his other teams and pocket the change

Back