• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Advanced Search incredibly slow for post content

flangejackrabbit

Reclusive rabbit
What the title says really - is it known that advanced search is really slow if you select post content? With it being the default search now it's quite inconvenient.

I think the main thing is we now have a lot of data to search. So, depending on our package with the hosting provider we may or may not have the processing power to perform that task quickly.

It has been getting gradually slower so it’s something @Cricko and I might have a chat about sometime soon but any beefing up of our platform will come at a cost (and we might not really be able to afford the uplift at present).

It does work, but it’s slow so please be patient with and you’ll get the results.

I think the main thing is we now have a lot of data to search. So, depending on our package with the hosting provider we may or may not have the processing power to perform that task quickly.

It has been getting gradually slower so it’s something @Cricko and I might have a chat about sometime soon but any beefing up of our platform will come at a cost (and we might not really be able to afford the uplift at present).

It does work, but it’s slow so please be patient with and you’ll get the results.
What I'm wondering is why the 'Search' is quite fast but the 'Advanced Search' is so slow, and what the Advanced offers that the normal doesn't?

What I'm wondering is why the 'Search' is quite fast but the 'Advanced Search' is so slow, and what the Advanced offers that the normal doesn't?
It’s a good question, for which there will be a specific answer but I don’t know it 😁 It’s likely to ultimately be to do with either the nature of the search routine (the code) which may different, or the scope of the data being searched. Most likely a bit of both. We could find out, but clearly whilst interesting to know, this won’t in itself solve the issue and isn’t something we could change. Only boosting the oomph of the advanced search by running it on a beefed up platform will make it process quicker.

Back