• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Bournemouth

Rob1920

Manager⭐
Just wanted to say bloody well done to Bournemouth. I'll admit I'm envious, but top of the championship on merit. Very well run club by the owners who took over a few years back when they were in a real state, make excellent use of technology, excellent young manager, and all in a stadium not much better than ours. Shows you what's possible with the right people running a club. Hope they finish the job & reach the prem even if it is just briefly. How we'd all love that eh? Good luck to them, they deserve it.

What he said

Yeah like Hearts & Portsmouth had. Did them a lot of good..

Do you honestly think good management on and off the pitch has nothing to do with it? Money is useless unless used properly. Ask Man City fans. Eddie Howe took over when they were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league after a 17 point deduction, and got them promoted the following season long before any millionairs got involved. I think its a shame if you can't sometimes just give some credit where its due..

Yeah like Hearts & Portsmouth had. Did them a lot of good..

Do you honestly think good management on and off the pitch has nothing to do with it? Money is useless unless used properly. Ask Man City fans. Eddie Howe took over when they were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league after a 17 point deduction, and got them promoted the following season long before any millionairs got involved. I think its a shame if you can't sometimes just give some credit where its due..

Since the start of 12/13 they've spent nearly £7m, and recouped only £3m from the sale of Grabban.

I think Eddie Howe is a good manager, but let's not kid ourselves - they're propped up by the ability to spend silly money (albeit well) which for a club of their size and history is pretty ridiculous.

Man City do have two titles now, so think Man City fans would be fairly happy.

I think fair play to them. I don't see how it is sustainable and hope that the people behind the scenes are not gambling with the club's future but it must be an exciting time to be a fan there. They play really good attacking football and score a huge amount of goals.

That awkward moment when you realise we once loaned Bournemouth James Lawson...

I've always had a a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth as a place and the club more likeable than Brighton or Pompey. I remember well an FA Cup replay down there on a Tuesday night, all our fans were taunting Steve Fletcher calling him fat. A few minutes later he ghosted in at a corner and nodded one in with Leon Cort pretty much riding him piggy back. He ran straight over to our section and pulled his shirt off to reveal a rather ripped physique.

I wondered what Eddie Howe was playing at going back there from Burnley but arguably the move worked out well for both parties in the long run.

Back