• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well not a good start to the day.

SUFCRootsHall Southend United

Liam Dickinson will be suspended for Saturday's match against AFC Wimbledon after picking up his 5th yellow card against Aldershot Town.

SUFCRootsHall Southend United

Also means that Peter Gilbert and Bilel Mohsni haven't served their suspensions and will both also miss AFC Wimbledon tie.

Seems harsh on us that Dicko is banned along with Gilbert and Moshni , the only positive I can take is at least their 5 Jones with rightly serve his three match ban for chinning Dicko.

With the JPT run, FA Cup replays and abandoned matches, we must have played the most matches this season for yellow cards to accumulate. That could hit us hard as players start to approach 10 bookings and two match suspensions later in the season.

The amnesty for those with less than 5 yellow cards starts after this game.

Probably this has been touched on elsewhere but seems a bit unfair that in one sense the game does count so Dicko's card means he misses next game ,however it also doesnt count, so Mohsni and Gilbert still have to miss Wimbledon game. Seems like a double whammy to me.

Probably this has been touched on elsewhere but seems a bit unfair that in one sense the game does count so Dicko's card means he misses next game ,however it also doesnt count, so Mohsni and Gilbert still have to miss Wimbledon game. Seems like a double whammy to me.

This^^^ either the game counts or it doesn't....how can they possibly have 2 rules.:unsure:

Suggestion: As we attending another tin pot sub standard "stadium" on Saturday, can all those going, as suggested on the Aldersh*t thread, bring along torches, spare fuses, spare change for the meter, and would any sparky's travelling make themselves known to the nearest steward on arrival:smile:

Yes agreed on the cards situation - either Aldershot is included and so suspensions have been served or it doesn't so Dicko isn't suspended. Bloody FL don't know their arse from their elbow!

Happy Christmas Liam. Goal scored is expunged, booking counts so you are suspended! :angry:

Suggestion: As we attending another tin pot sub standard "stadium" on Saturday, can all those going, as suggested on the Aldersh*t thread, bring along torches, spare fuses, spare change for the meter, and would any sparky's travelling make themselves known to the nearest steward on arrival:smile:

Joking aside, instead of fancy dress, I think we should all take torches and shine them at half time...if not Saturday, definately in the replay with Aldersh*t.

i cant see how sturrock can leave hall out for this one or any other game as he is our main man in creating and popping up with the odd goal as well, crazy if you ask me.

I can't understand the logic in this. If the goal can't count how can the bookings? The game has been abandoned and both teams must start the match again. Anything which happened in the 45 mins before it was abandoned should be cancelled, otherwise we should start the rematch 1-0 up with Dicko booked and they have 10 men with others booked. Won't happen but the League shouldn't have it both ways.

I can't understand the logic in this. If the goal can't count how can the bookings? The game has been abandoned and both teams must start the match again. Anything which happened in the 45 mins before it was abandoned should be cancelled, otherwise we should start the rematch 1-0 up with Dicko booked and they have 10 men with others booked. Won't happen but the League shouldn't have it both ways.
bookings and sendings off still stand as the FA make money out of it.

I can undestand the Aldershot defender having to serve his suspension as he was sent off for violent conduct and if he was let off the wrong example would be set as its not ok to whack someone, however as Dickinsons yellow was a bookable offense and not violent conduct he should be let off, because now we have to play an extra game increasing the risk of more yellows. What a joke.

i cant see how sturrock can leave hall out for this one or any other game as he is our main man in creating and popping up with the odd goal as well, crazy if you ask me.

Crazy? Or could it be we have received a bid for him pre- january transfer window, and by not playing him PS doesn't risk any injury.

Maybe Forest, or Ipswich are willing to buy, and we are making sure he is fit come January.

If this is the case, then with JJ's departure we can free up funds for (timlin) another player or two in the window.

Back