• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After vaccine question.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I'm coming up to 65 and I imagine I'll be "jabbed" April time, but my question is;
After vaccination, will my life return to 'normal'? i.e. will I be immune and, more importantly, non-contagious? I'd like to get back to the normal pre-Covid life bit don't know how much of it I'll be able to experience.

I'm coming up to 65 and I imagine I'll be "jabbed" April time, but my question is;
After vaccination, will my life return to 'normal'? i.e. will I be immune and, more importantly, non-contagious? I'd like to get back to the normal pre-Covid life bit don't know how much of it I'll be able to experience.

Think you'll have to give up the disco "Dad" dancing.:Smile:

As far as I know none of the vaccines have been tested yet to see if it stops you actually getting the virus, all we know is that it helps to prevent you getting ill.

If it helps the guidance we are giving people is that you must continue to follow the advice currently being given.
Ie
Hands
Face
Space
The efficiency of the vaccine being used (Pfizer) presently stands at 93% but you have have to have the two vaccines to reach that.
My understanding is that there is a possibility you can still contract the virus although the severity of it is lessen considerably.

We are all hoping for the Oxford vaccination ASAP as the logistics are so much easier to administer.

As far as I know none of the vaccines have been tested yet to see if it stops you actually getting the virus, all we know is that it helps to prevent you getting ill.

In a way.

Vaccines help your body pre prepare the antibodies required to fight the virus should you catch it.

While it's correct that asymptomatic infection wasn't the primary endpoint in the studies, in the AZ vaccine they showed good effect in avoid asymptomatic infection. It's reasonable to assume that the mRNA vaccines by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna will show at least a similar benefit. Moderna didn't publish these data in their press release but I've heard that they saw a reduction in asymptomatic infection in their data which were presented to the FDA

Back