• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperian

Coach
Just had a call from a good friend of mine who is a big Charlton fan. Apparently, Chris Powell has today confirmed that Akpo Sodje will be allowed to leave the Valley and that he has had enquiries from 3 clubs. Allegedly, we are one of the three! With Chris Powell being a former Southend legend, it is possible that he might want to put a disgruntled player our way.................this could therefore have some legs

He'd be a good little signing for us... Quite quick across the ground and he'd work well alongside Corr I'd imagine.

Wasn't he playing in the Championship a couple of years ago though. Would he really drop down to League Two and if so to a team which isn't exactly challenging for promotion right now.

Would be a cracking signing but I can't see it.

He scored against us last season, didn't he? I wonder if the Efe Sodje link might work in our favour as well. Having said that, he'll presumably be on a decent wage.

Funnily enough last friday someone shouted something to efe about him joining and he gave a "maybe" reaction, so who knows.

Not believing anything until 'clunimore' comes in and says he has heard a 'wee birdie' mention this and would it be a good signing or not.

Called my mate back to see if I could get any more info. Apparently, he doesnt want to leave London, he is 30 and wants regular football. Powell has said he can go and has had approaches from 3 clubs. My mate thinks he is a good player and thinks Powell may be happy to let him out on loan if he doesnt get a decent offer for permanent. All sounds plausable!

If he don't want to leave London, I hope the another two clubs are miles away up north that want him and we are the only side near London that after him, give him an nice and easy choice :p

Called my mate back to see if I could get any more info. Apparently, he doesnt want to leave London,!

He would'nt have to if he came here!. Maybe Palace, Brentford and Orient are interested, which would give him the opportunity to stay in the same division or go one higher. Be surprised if we get him.

Wasn't he playing in the Championship a couple of years ago though. Would he really drop down to League Two and if so to a team which isn't exactly challenging for promotion right now.

Would be a cracking signing but I can't see it.

He's only had one start for Charlton this season, so perhaps he would.

I don't think we out of running for the play-off as everyone in the top 10 keep ****ing it up, which allowed us to close the gap on them! so to have an added fire power up front would be fantastic!!

from Charlton Official Site:

While Powell continues to search the transfer market, one player who looks set to depart SE7 is forward Akpo Sodje.

The hitman has made just a handful of starts for Charlton this term and Powell confirmed he was in talks with several other clubs.

"Akpo is dealing with the situation with his agent," revealed Powell. "I've had a chat with him and said looking forward he may not get enough football here, so it's best if he tries to maybe get regular football somewhere instead of 10 or 15 minutes here and there.

"He is speaking to various clubs in League One and Two, but ultimately it will be down to him.

"He's still our player, so if he decides not to go then obviously he is still here and one of our players in the squad."

It's good to see an honest statement by Powell, being an actual nice guy he's probably one of a few managers around who could get away with saying stuff like that in the press. He's obviously desperate to get him off the books, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player.. I'd be very interested in getting him in. He's fast, strong and got a good eye for goal... which are attributes we're looking for.

Don't know how true it is but I read on another forum a Daggers fan saying they are after him. Still does seem keen to sign strikers at the moment having brought in Bas Savage, Marvin Morgan and John Akinde recently. Surely in their position he'd be better off signing a defender or two! :unsure:

Back