• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alexander's post match comments

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Lincoln boss bemoans late penalty

Lincoln boss Keith Alexander believes a late penalty and a disallowed goal cost them against Southend.

"We set our stall out and I felt we did well from start to finish," he said after the 1-1 draw.

"Two terrible decisions cost us the game though - first a goal from Gary Taylor-Fletcher, and then a diabolical penalty decision.

"We like to be in the play-off positions but we've got a lot of difficult games coming up."

He's really not making himself any friends here. I haven't seen any other source to suggest that the penalty had a hint of controversy around it.

Their goal should not have stood as there was a clear push on Flahavan!

I couldn't believe the Ref And Lino gave the goal!

If you actually go & listen to the post match BBC interview with Alexander, amongst it he says :-

"Southend is a tough place to come & pick anything up as they are flying at the moment"

"A point was a good result as these [Southend] are a good side"

"Hopefully next week, we'll get a referee who's a homer"

Brain tumour or not, the man is a complete and total pillock and one that I hope we won't have to encounter next season at any point!

Rant over
oops.gif

futcher was climbing over i think wilson. it was a foul and never should have stood.

The ref had blown before they put the ball in the net, so it doesnt really count as a disallowed goal and ,y dad said it was a stonewall penalty tho I couldnt see it from where I was.

just saw it on sky, Futcher used Prior as a launching pad to head home their goal!

Although Bents did go down quite heavily he was defo tripped.

How Alexander can argue this point when EVERY 50-50 went Lincoln's way I don't know. I lost count of the amount of times Eastwood was impeded as he tried to win the ball, yet the ref gave nothing.
Perhaps he needs to get a grip on reality. A point apiece is a very fair result as neither team was worth the victory, their goal was indeed a foul, it looked that way all they way from where I was sitting in the west, and although Bents indeed emphasise the fact by going down in a heap he WAS fouled, and justice was served.
The man speaks almost as much crap as Ian Tw*tkins.

Back