• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcast Ali Brown Podcast - Justin Rees

It was a great listen. Really interesting insight into his background.

Don't listen to it expecting to hear the silver bullet in how we are going to become world beaters and Roots Hall will be bought into the 21st century, the piece on Southend is in the closing few minutes.

90% is background of Justin from university, first job and personal business development, BUt it is a very good and open story and just makes me feel we are so lucky he was bored and "....playing with my phone....." and can't wait to have the sale done and him and the other 9 members fully on board to start the journey back for us.

Once again thanks to the 11th member........Mrs Justin in letting him embark on this instead of continuing his down time.

Last edited:
Very much about Justin and his drive, passion and how he had got where he has. Felt like I was listening to an inspirational TED talk interview.

Would love to ask Justin after he looked at the data and the finances why he hasn't run a mile. He mentioned that we had been loosing around £1m a year. I'm sure he has a plan but would like to know how he plans to stop those losses.

Very much worth a listen.

Very much about Justin and his drive, passion and how he had got where he has. Felt like I was listening to an inspirational TED talk interview.

Would love to ask Justin after he looked at the data and the finances why he hasn't run a mile. He mentioned that we had been loosing around £1m a year. I'm sure he has a plan but would like to know how he plans to stop those losses.

Very much worth a listen.
On the losses - he did say it's a community asset and the community needs to do their part, increasing attendences, increasing match day spend, supporting any events/fanzone etc. so partly increasing revenue and as we know a better run club will have less outgoings on legal costs!

Really enjoyed it, some wise words in there. Obviously a bit about the club, but interesting to hear more about Justin himself and his journey.

What I thought was most interesting was his thoughts on culture and leadership.

Back