• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All Star Superslam Wrestling

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Oh yes, grip and grapple fans, I'm taking Chipper to the wrestling tomorrow at the Towngate, where we've been promised a Britain v Hollywood Once And For All Showdown.

This is much more like the wrestling we knew and loved. Smoky town halls, grannies with their brollies, bloated middle aged blokes well past their sell-by date in just trunks and boots showing off their disgusting torsos. It promises to be the best night's entertainment of the year.

Who else prefers the old-style out of condition fat wrestlers tha'd be useful in a pub brawl as opposed to the over-greased, over-egoed athletes who'd run at the first sign of a flying beer glass?

I don't care whether or not you're interested I'm going to tell you anyway. It was a damn fine night of entertainment. I have to say, though, that The Big Vitto, a transvestite, who came into the ring with 'Dancing Queen' blaring out, was somewhat unedifying. The dwarf fighting a 30 stone blob was great fun.

Highlight, though, was a genuinely top-rank wrestler. Can't remember his nickname but he's called Doug Willoiams. Chipper recognised him straight away from TNA Wrestling, which is apparently a rival to WWE and shown on cable here. You could see by the fact he was all muscle and not 5 stone of flab, and done all the moves twice as quickly as anyone else, that he really was a skilled wrestler.

It didn't stop all the fights being scripted and acted out to perfection with the various good guys v bad guys, though, in the best traditions of grip-and-grapple, but everyone went home tremendously entertained and for £22 for Chipper and I it was money well spent.

But tranny fights? That will haunt me for some time .....

Back