• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All-time fave kit

Yellow Army

Members
i i can see the older generation of shrimper fans saying Firholm shirts.

Mine would be this seasons home or last seasons away.

or the dredded telewest olympic shirt with the yellow custard splat, that got voted one of the worst shirts every made, ironically the zigzags on the shirt symbolised our leauge position over two seasons, in which we were in division 1, and when we changed the kit we were in division 3

Agree - would have to be this seasons home or last season's away for me. I also liked both strips from the 00/01 season, when we had the orange away shirt, and the home strip from the season before that (progressive with white sleeves). I didn't mind the custard splat shirt too much and definitely liked the red away shirt of that season. Anything else has been pretty bad, especially the Elonex, Crevette and United Artists strips of consecutive seasons.

i always was very suspicious of the the 'crevette' shirt
coincidence that you get a manufactorer named after your clubs nickname
wink.gif

I quite liked the United Artists one.

I think the worst kit was the fake Adidas one.

Merry Xmas.

92-94 Beaver-made, Elonex-sponsored home shirt

I also like the Custard Splat, so much so that I wore it to the play off final in a sort of 'reverse psychology' vibe - and it worked!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Dec. 20 2005,01:24)]ironically the zigzags on the shirt symbolised our  leauge position over two seasons, in which we were in division 1, and when we changed the kit we were in division 3
Zig-zag lines would mean that we had ups as well as downs... so if the design on the shirt was reflective of our league positions, surely there should have been one line with an arrow pointing down?

rock.gif

My favourite shirts have to be the Firholm shirt and the current home shirt.

I also like the Access shirt, even though it's from before my time as a supporter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 20 2005,09:51)]I think the worst kit was the fake Adidas one.
Which one is that? The dark blue shirt the season before we turned all 'Nike'?

That was a horrible shirt. It was a mix of Adidas (4 stripes on the sleeve rather than one) and Umbro (the manufacturers logo shape and the vertical strip running down one side ala-England shirt).

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 20 2005,09:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 20 2005,09:51)]I think the worst kit was the fake Adidas one.
Which one is that? The dark blue shirt the season before we turned all 'Nike'?

That was a horrible shirt. It was a mix of Adidas (4 stripes on the sleeve rather than one) and Umbro (the manufacturers logo shape and the vertical strip running down one side ala-England shirt).

sad.gif
The only home shirt I never bothered to buy since 1991. It was minging!!!

My fave is either this (& last) season's home shirt or the Beaver Hi-tec shirt of 91/92. Away probably is the yellow United Artists shirt of 95/96 which I still wear for 5s today (in fact I've played in it more than the actual team ever did, only once at Palace I believe!!!)

Current home kit ( don't you just love being unique as the only club with navy blue as home colours? plus navy is subtle and goes with everything) and Spall home kit from promotion season of 90/91.

Vic Jobson's daughter sold me a players shirt in error so at the beginning of that season I think I was the only fan with one due to supply problems,and in the first game away to Huddersfield I was the only fan wearing one. It had Football League logos on it.

I like the current home shirt, although I also like the 'Rebus' hi-tec shirt we had in (I think) 01-02.

What about the admiral kit in 78 or the Bukta kit in 79 both very nice, anyone got any pictures? Blue with red & white vtrim back in the late 70's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 20 2005,10:50)]What about the admiral kit in 78 or the Bukta kit in 79 both very nice, anyone got any pictures? Blue with red & white vtrim back in the late 70's.
They're the ones I wanted TOFFS to recreate.
Couldn't find any colour pictures of them though.

Speaking of which, anybody bought the new navy blue TOFFS shirt yet, I know someone had one at Forest.

I think the current home is one of the best we've had, i also liked the red one with the zig-zags... but hated the custard splat.. the only home shirt i didnt buy since i care to remember.
I also liked the TeleWest away shirt which was white but with a large club badge in grey on it

Best home shirt has to be our current shirt - good design AND quality. Runner up has to be the navy Hi-Tec shirt, sponsored by Rebus - with a mention for the royal-blue with white arms, sponsored by the plastics firm I can't remember.

Away kit would be the orange Rebus sponsored shirt - or the current red third kit with the collar.

Defo wouldn't be the grey LDV shirt...
down.gif

I thought the away version of the Custard Splat (Burgundy, Red and Black) was actually quite smart.

I loved the firlholm tow tone blue stripe with a yellow stripe down the side.

Very smart i looked in that and my stone wash jeans at my first ever school disco aged 8.

Needless to the laides couldnt say no.

DtS
ghostface.gif

Back