• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All time favourite music tracks

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Don't think we've done anything like this for a while, so, what are your 3 all time favourite tracks of music which you never tire of listening to. Rate them 1-3 with maybe a vid of your first choice. I'm thinking hard on mine as there are so many songs that I love. Have fun and don't be shy, we want to know.

I find these nearly impossible as 3 is never enough and they change daily, it also depends what era to, so I will go a bit random and pick some different ones from my ridiculous huge collection of music.

I am a massive MJ fan and love all of his music and constantly have it on but surprisingly enough I also really enjoy Motown

Now you're testing me. My music spans from the most recent stuff all the way back to records I have from the 1920s-1940s passed on by family.

I'll do one that stands out for me from individual eras.
Al Bowlly - Heartaches (published 1931) - a favourite of my grandparents and great-grandparents, passed onto me.

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony (published 1997) - could listen to this over and over again, especially when walking somewhere. Timeless piece and used to be the TV England theme.

Avicii - Levels (published 2011) - best 'house' music to ever be produced, hands down. I watched the video on how this was produced, some serious talent. Also played before SUFC games!

This hardly scratches the surface to be honest!

Never heard this one! Interesting to see how much they took from this version.

I listen to Rolling Stones a fair bit too but clearly not enough!
Jagger and Richards had the original writing credit for Bitter Sweet Symphony which they only recently relinquished.

Each to their own but I am not a fan of this or mid 90s music in general.

Jagger and Richards had the original writing credit for Bitter Sweet Symphony which they only recently relinquished.

Each to their own but I am not a fan of this or mid 90s music in general.
Never knew they had the original credits. I don't look into music like that I suppose, just take each tune on face value.

What music would you be the biggest fan of then?

Too many favourites to pick a top 3 so I've gone for my top 3 live performances of great songs.

Enjoy! :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

1) This version is the best musical performance I think I've ever heard.

2) Awesome performance from my favourite band

3) Can't beat a bit of full on ACDC!

Like @Cricko, I'm really struggling to pick three, but my top choice because I love the track is by Ray Charles - You Don't know me.

Next up is from my very early teenage years when I did my paper round with my transistor radio glued to my ear. From the Who it's - Can't Explain

And at number 3 it's Yvonne Fair with It should have been me.

Impossibly hard and would probably change every week. I've picked one song from 3 of my favourite genres: Neo Soul, Hip Hop and Grunge.

Back