• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alli hopes to star for England just three years after facing Blues' youth team

Evening Echo

The News
TOTTENHAM Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli will be a key figure for England in the European Championships this summer. But just three seasons ago the PFA Young Player of the Year was lining up for MK Dons' youth team against Southend United at Great Wakering Rovers' Burroughs Park base.

More...

10/10 for the echo making a tenuous connection...

Love it when local papers do this. The Hemel Gazette tried to get some mileage out of Leicester's title win by finding a couple of Leicester fans who live in the area.

Tenuous or not I'd rather they found some kind of SUFC connection to write about than fill the paper full of w*** h** like they used to.

Tough time of year for football writers.

Tenuous or not I'd rather they found some kind of SUFC connection to write about than fill the paper full of w*** h** like they used to.

Tough time of year for football writers.

It's almost like they need a multi-national tournament starting in a few days time...

I hope they run a few more stories like this on players in Euro 2016 and their brushes with the big time.

I remember Adam Lallana playing for Southampton against us a couple of times in the league. Anyone else in the Squad played against us in the League?

Obviously Rooney played against us in the cup, but less known is that Tom Heaton was on the bench for Man U that night.

I hope they run a few more stories like this on players in Euro 2016 and their brushes with the big time.

I remember Adam Lallana playing for Southampton against us a couple of times in the league. Anyone else in the Squad played against us in the League?

Obviously Rooney played against us in the cup, but less known is that Tom Heaton was on the bench for Man U that night.

If Bale does well there will no doubt be headlines about when they played us last game of the championship season, he scored twice and ripped us apart.

Fraser Forster for Norwich in 2-1 and 3-0 wins for them in 2009/10.

Raheem Sterling scored 5 against us in that FA Youth Cup game too.

Last edited:
We've had some dross stuff from the Echo, but this is bordering on the worse one ever.

Back