• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Dear Spuds

I see from the celebrations you enjoyed last night (and the numerous Facebook updates from your kind) that finishing in the top 20% of the Premier League for the first time in a generation is like winning the Euopean Cup to you. I'm glad that has put into perspective your ambitions and status as a club - what Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd take as the minimum requirement for their season you treat as a huge triumph.

It's all relative I suppose, when my team won the League One title I too had a big party because to a club the size of mine that was a big deal. You in turn are bigger than us of course so your expectations are greater than ours, Arsenal in turn are much bigger than you so their expectations are greater again.

Enjoy your place in the Champions League qualifier. However I wouldn't be planning going any further into the competition though - judging by how long it took you to get to that stage and your frankly below average recent performaces in the Europa League it would be naive to expect you'll get through.

So, enjoy your moment in the sun. In all likelihood this is as good as it will ever get for you. It's probably downhill from here, so make the most of it.

Yours sincerely

Ron Manager

The fact that you had to write that in the first place signals jealousy! Also, you forget to mention that Liverpool expect Champions League as a minimum each season and after the amount of money Man City have spent, they too expect the same (otherwise they wouldn't have sacked Mark Hughes).
As for Spurs Europa League failings, they never even qualified last for this seasons competition due to the woeful start to last season they made under Ramos! I consider this quite an achievement and Spurs fans are quite within their right to brag about it!

To be fair it is quite an achievement considering they were bottom of the table after 10 games last season.

The fact that you had to write that in the first place signals jealousy! Also, you forget to mention that Liverpool expect Champions League as a minimum each season and after the amount of money Man City have spent, they too expect the same (otherwise they wouldn't have sacked Mark Hughes).
As for Spurs Europa League failings, they never even qualified last for this seasons competition due to the woeful start to last season they made under Ramos! I consider this quite an achievement and Spurs fans are quite within their right to brag about it!

Excuse me - is this YiddoZone or Shrimperzone? Feck off back to Tottenham.

You started the thread!

Yes - slagging off Spurs, a club who take fans away from our town and home club every Saturday and therefore are the enemy around here. You defended them.

EIther you support Spurs or Southend - you can't support both, simple as that. Time you decided what side you are on mate!

Yes - slagging off Spurs, a club who take fans away from our town and home club every Saturday and therefore are the enemy around here. You defended them.

Er, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool don't? Get Real!

EIther you support Spurs or Southend - you can't support both, simple as that. Time you decided what side you are on mate!

If you read my post on the other thread you will see i DO support Southend but i follow Spurs as my Dad is a Spurs Supporter. Why you should have a problem with that i don't know and don't care!

Last edited:
and after the amount of money Man City have spent, they too expect the same (otherwise they wouldn't have sacked Mark Hughes).
A!

Did you see the stat last night which was quite surprising. After Man City, Spurs have the largest transfer deficit over the last 7 years. Followed by Chelsea, ManU and then Arsenal who are the first team with a positive total of Ā£22m.

Not sure where the Spurs money comes form but can they sustain it for much longer?

Did you see the stat last night which was quite surprising. After Man City, Spurs have the largest transfer deficit over the last 7 years. Followed by Chelsea, ManU and then Arsenal who are the first team with a positive total of Ā£22m.

Not sure where the Spurs money comes form but can they sustain it for much longer?

The club runs at a decent profit if you exclude Transfers!

Quite frankly I hate every football club in England apart from Southend United - some more than others of course. However I picked out Spurs today because they are the most smug and irritating set of fans in the whole league and IMO needed taking down a peg or two. Simple as that really.

Quite frankly I hate every football club in England apart from Southend United - some more than others of course. However I picked out Spurs today because they are the most smug and irritating set of fans in the whole league and IMO needed taking down a peg or two. Simple as that really.

and i'm sure your little tantrum makes a big difference. lol!

It's called having a financially well run club. Something us Southend supporters would love to have. They don't spend beyond there means, only have a 54% wage bill to turnover and that is for ALL staff not just the players. They sell players as opposed to letting them go for free. They send out something like 20 players on loan a season now which takes off some of the younger players wages. Obviously it is easier for a club like Spurs to make money with the money coming into the club from TV deals, Sponsorship etc. But just look at how many teams are in the Premier League that don't make profit despite 100's millions being thrown at them.

Amount of money City have spent? Shall we mention the fees that Spurs spent assembling their squad? Gomes, Bale, Corluka, Hutton, Defoe, Kranjcar, Modric, Crouch, Keane, Palacious, Bassong, Dawson, Woodgate etc etc all cost small fortunes.

What winds me up is people who knock the amount of money that City spent and use that as a reason why they wanted Spurs to win last night, yet Spurs have spent fortunes in the transfer market...

Does the guy, Ben, who used to have Southend4ever on the back of his shirt and bang the drum in the West ever go to SUFC anymore or has he fully converted to Judaism? I think he may have posted as Southend_Utd_fan?? Anyone know who I am talking about? I think he went onto become a fitness instructor after shedding loads of weight himself.

Does the guy, Ben, who used to have Southend4ever on the back of his shirt and bang the drum in the West ever go to SUFC anymore or has he fully converted to Judaism? I think he may have posted as Southend_Utd_fan?? Anyone know who I am talking about? I think he went onto become a fitness instructor after shedding loads of weight himself.

You mean SZFC legend 'Shrek', I have not seen him around much, but I am sure someone will be able to confirm his conversion or should that be circumcision

**** or what.

Dear Spuds

I see from the celebrations you enjoyed last night (and the numerous Facebook updates from your kind) that finishing in the top 20% of the Premier League for the first time in a generation is like winning the Euopean Cup to you. I'm glad that has put into perspective your ambitions and status as a club - what Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd take as the minimum requirement for their season you treat as a huge triumph.

It's all relative I suppose, when my team won the League One title I too had a big party because to a club the size of mine that was a big deal. You in turn are bigger than us of course so your expectations are greater than ours, Arsenal in turn are much bigger than you so their expectations are greater again.

Enjoy your place in the Champions League qualifier. However I wouldn't be planning going any further into the competition though - judging by how long it took you to get to that stage and your frankly below average recent performaces in the Europa League it would be naive to expect you'll get through.

So, enjoy your moment in the sun. In all likelihood this is as good as it will ever get for you. It's probably downhill from here, so make the most of it.

Yours sincerely

Ron Manager
this sounds like a typical **** a west ham fan would put on this site, just staying up for the hammers is a massive step for you lot as you should be in the championship.

Firstly your quite obviously a sad loser. An being a season ticket holder for the not so mighty southend an a spurs fan i reckon im within my rights to an opinion on your pathetic opinion.
I feel smaller for the peg you bought me down, what an idiot you must be, oh an 3rd is where we are really likely to finish !

Back