• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And the moral of the story is....

Tin Bath

First XI
Dont leave before the final whistle, late goals home goals I can think of this year
1. Mark Gower vs Norwich
2. Lewis Hunt vs Brighton
3. Kevin Maher (2) vs QPR
4. Alan McCormack vs Leicester
5. Richie Foran vs Burnley

From my vantage point in the East a few hundred had made there way to the exits before Richie's winner. How gutted would you feel just walking into Shakespere Drive or into the Roots Hall car park and hear that roar go up :cry:

You missed out Freddy's goal against Brighton - which was after Hunt's!! (and was then followed by another one for Brighton!!!)

how anyone could leave b4 90mins last night is beyond me.

4-0 up or down I could understand, but at 0-0 at such a critical stage of the season thats just mental

Honest answers only please.
Who stayed till the bitter end against Birmingham?

Does anyone leave the cinema five minutes before the end?

If the film is rubbish then yes. Why waste an extra 10 minutes-half hour of your life when you have already wasted an hour.

Life's too short.

If we are playing rubbish and getting hammered 9-0 what's the point in staying to see us lose 10-0?

Having said all that can't actually remember the last game I left early.....

Yes, Mars Attacks.

Dont tell me, despite 80 minutes of the worst film Ive ever seen there was a fantastic joke in the last minute ?

Shyte I thought Mars attacks was a True story ..:thump:

I always stay to the end. I'd regret it if there was a 22 man brawl and I missed it.

Honest answers only please.
Who stayed till the bitter end against Birmingham?

Yes.

I personally havent ever left a match early. However as I have no exit within about 20 yards and a whole block to walk through so its actually more hassle than its worth even if I wanted to!

I never leave before the end how must the players feel aswell, although ive gotta admit i left Sunderland about 3 minutes before the end but that was only cos of needing to rush to the airport and with a crowd of between 30-40,000 and probably20,000 wanting the trains, so for something like that i can understand but thats only ever time i would

I never leave before the end how must the players feel aswell, although ive gotta admit i left Sunderland about 3 minutes before the end but that was only cos of needing to rush to the airport and with a crowd of between 30-40,000 and probably20,000 wanting the trains, so for something like that i can understand but thats only ever time i would

Ah, consistency...that's what we like

When I was a kid my grandad used to take me to the matches and we always had to leave before the end cos he hated the crush.
Soooo many times we were walking out and then up would go the roar of the crowd. So now i never leave before the whistle blows and I've cheered the team off the pitch regardless of a good or bad result.

Just got to say Gillingham away many moons ago. Absolutely brilliant. Plus Pulis nearly in tears in the after match press conference. Priceless.

For those who didn't go we scored 2 in injury time to win 2-1. :)

Back