• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"And the next game is at home to Yeovil City"

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
so I take it we have seen the last of Jeffa but jees, where in heavens did we find the new guy? He doesn't seem to have much of a clue about the players or....anything for that matter.

He seemed about as enthusiastic as an underpaid gigolo being asked to go down on a pensioner. Brian assured us it was first day nerves but I'm not too sure!

He was cack. i wanna do it. I saw Jeff Allen in the Car park before the game. What does he do now then?

Where did you find him Mr.Wheeler? Col******r?

Still, looked more connected to Earth than the Tranmere full backs...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 17 2005,20:31)]He was cack. i wanna do it. I saw Jeff Allen in the Car park before the game. What does he do now then?
give him your keys and he'll park your car for you
biggrin.gif

Why wasnt the job offered around then? I bet an SUFC supporter would do so much better thean that guy. Yeah, fair enough its the first game, but come on. Lets get behind the ZZZZZZ'sss.

Must do better...

The new guy is meant to be a lifelong fan, but no passion in his voice, just hum drum monotone. Thought he was still reading out the away team (which gets no listening) before I realised he was half way through our line upTime to say sorry but no thanks. He doesn't have the SUFC Factor.

Jeff had a storming argument with Geoff King prior to the game and left the ground. Don't know whether he was sacked or whether he quit though.

Shame really because I know some of you weren't keen on him but I thought today showed that he does a decent job. "At home to Yeovil City" sort of sums this guy up. Looks as if he's probably a nice bloke but he needs to improve.

The pa guy was very poor & really needs to improve pronto. Did not contribute to the atmosphere at all
sad.gif

and do you have to anounce the away goalscorer? If i was doing it they wouldnt get a mention...
wow.gif

Oh? I think it's common courtesy to announce away goals and substitutions!

Nevertheless, the PA today was poor. No enthusiasm, no accuracy, no hope. He just didn't seem too bothered - I've never heard such a mooted reaction to our team being read out. Bring back Jeff!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 18 2005,00:15)]Shall we start a bring back Jeff Allen campaign?
I never thought I'd hear those words.

I'm sure the Trust for one will not be joining you!

I thought the normally PA bloke before this game was pretty good and enthusiastic and frankly this new bloke has no real umpth.

At least Jeff Allen had the right voice for the job and was able to create a positive pre-match atmosphere. This new guy was terrible. Someone said they thought he was a fan, I doubt that very much. I think Southend fans know the proper names of opposing teams. I actually think that this is a very important job at Southend and I really do hope they can get someone in who has the ability to do the job well.

By the way, anyone know how the tickets are selling for the Gillingham Hotspur away?

From the evidence of an earlier post, it sounds very much as if this poor chap was a very late replacement after Jeff Allen / Geoff Cox stormed out of the ground in another hissy fit after an argument with Geoffrey King (who probably tried to change something on Jeff Allen's / Geoff Cox's precious running order) and probably (I emphasise 'probably') doesn't warrant the abuse for standing in at such short notice. Certainly for announcing our next game against Yeovil City (maybe they are a team from the Mid Somerset County League and the next game is a cup game?!) this chap demonstrated that he was obviously not prepared.

WS

Mike, we are 3rd in the table and on a run of four wins in a row - so obviously some people have to have something to moan about!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 18 2005,11:59)]Mike, we are 3rd in the table and on a run of four wins in a row - so obviously some people have to have something to moan about!
Yeah I know. Why isn't it me ... ?!

WS

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back