• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ESG

Manager
Did anyone see the Anglia feature last night on English Heritage ?

I wasn't about castles or churches in the area but featured
our very own Roots Hall as an example of Heritage complete with an interview with Ray Davy !

Sorry if this has already been posted.

biggrin.gif

It invloves a tour around our very own Roots Hall stadium being held on Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th at these times 10.00, 11.30, 13.30 & 15.30.  I would go but as I live in Suffolk and have to go to school it means I can't.  Sounds good though, so if anyone wants to get themselves down there and tell us all about it, please feel free
smile.gif

sufc_girl

So what happens if Roots Hall becomes a Grade 2 listed building?
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Sep. 02 2004,23:48)]So what happens if Roots Hall becomes a Grade 2 listed building?
sad.gif
I could think of a couple of Spectator Sports where a Football Stand would be handy in the middle of a Housing Estate
rock.gif

True to form the Echo has it down wrong! They say the dates are 11th and 12th September 11 am till 4 pm! That could have been funny with a load of people wandering round the changing rooms and pitch whilst the game was on!!! Might have boosted the gate though!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_girl @ Sep. 02 2004,18:22)]It invloves a tour around our very own Roots Hall stadium being held on Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th at these times 10.00, 11.30, 13.30 & 15.30.  I would go but as I live in Suffolk and have to go to school it means I can't.  Sounds good though, so if anyone wants to get themselves down there and tell us all about it, please feel free
some of us have already been around the stadium, changed in the dressing rooms, played on the pitch............
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Sep. 03 2004,10:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_girl @ Sep. 02 2004,18:22)]It invloves a tour around our very own Roots Hall stadium being held on Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th at these times 10.00, 11.30, 13.30 & 15.30.  I would go but as I live in Suffolk and have to go to school it means I can't.  Sounds good though, so if anyone wants to get themselves down there and tell us all about it, please feel free
some of us have already been around the stadium, changed in the dressing rooms, played on the pitch............
tounge.gif
And of course posed for photos on the famous turf!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Sep. 03 2004,10:47)]
[b said:
[b said:
tounge.gif
oh yes, with the legend himself no less ( cue loads of anti-Drewe abuse! )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Sep. 03 2004,10:47)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_girl @ Sep. 02 2004,18:22)]It invloves a tour around our very own Roots Hall stadium being held on Friday the 10th and Monday the 13th at these times 10.00, 11.30, 13.30 & 15.30. I would go but as I live in Suffolk and have to go to school it means I can't. Sounds good though, so if anyone wants to get themselves down there and tell us all about it, please feel free
tounge.gif
I posed for a photo in the bath they have in the home changing room whilst wearing Jimmy Corbetts red away shirt form last season.

Some of us have hit the North bank crossbar from 25 yards AND captained a team to victory on the hallowed turf.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 03 2004,10:05)]Kevin Maher is great isn't he.
I had a higher win percentage as captain at Roots Hall last season than Kevin Maher did.

He's rubbish: Maher out, steveh1510 in......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 03 2004,11:08)]
[b said:
I had a higher win percentage as captain at Roots Hall last season than Kevin Maher did.

Fairy muff

I kept a higher percentage of clean sheets at Roots Hall than Darryl Flahavan did.

He's rubbish: Todd in, Flahavan out.....

oh.

[b said:
[b said:

In which case I must've had a higher win percentage than Tilly, but you won't hear me trying to oust a legend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 03 2004,10:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

In which case I must've had a higher win percentage than Tilly, but you won't hear me trying to oust a legend.
No, you had a 33% win percentage as Manager. I had a 50% win percentage as captain.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 03 2004,11:04)]Some of us have hit the North bank crossbar from 25 yards AND captained a team to victory on the hallowed turf.
Didnt score then?!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Sep. 03 2004,10:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 03 2004,11:04)]Some of us have hit the North bank crossbar from 25 yards AND captained a team to victory on the hallowed turf.
Didnt score then?!!!
sad.gif
No.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 03 2004,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Sep. 03 2004,10:25)]
[b said:
Didnt score then?!!!
sad.gif
 No.

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
Dont want you in the team then we already have plenty of players that cant score!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Sep. 03 2004,10:54)]And of course posed for photos on the famous turf!!!
oh yes, with the legend himself no less  [/QUOTE]
Napster?

Back