• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anglia News: Fossett's Farm

Reading Shrimper

First XI
There was a feature on Anglia News this morning talking about the plans for the new stadium going before the council soon. Showed the model and plans, and images of Roots Hall explaining that it's out of date and lacks the facilities it needs. Interview with Ron too, with him promoting the stadium and saying that it will 'make the people of Southend proud' and be part of the town's regeneration, not just the football club.

Good bit of PR in the run-up to decision day, nice one Ron
unclesam.gif

I expect to see a lot of publicity over the next fortnight, RM comes across as a master of this with all the giveaways and media coverage and i'd expect him to take it up a notch...

I dont think this will be the only thing we hear until the announcement.  Think it will be widely publicised until the decision is made.  Am anxious for the decision now, fingers crossed it gets approved.
Anyone know when building will begin if it gets approved??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_ladies_no10 @ Jan. 10 2007,11:49)]I dont think this will be the only thing we hear until the announcement. Think it will be widely publicised until the decision is made. Am anxious for the decision now, fingers crossed it gets approved.
Anyone know when building will begin if it gets approved??
Ron bands around April-May as a projected start date for the project.

Check out Sutton Parish Councils latest objection in the FF Forum..

We will have a nice stadium without training facilities at this rate..

mad.gif

That's bad news about some Sutton residents trying to throw a spanner in the works...hopefully their objection will come to be realised for what it is.

With the stadium decicion day only weeks away, hopefully Scriv/the the club will organise an announcement on the official site regarding how/where fans can turn up at the Council offices on decision day to support the 'yes' campaign, a la Col******r.

Back