• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Animal lovers?

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Morning all,

Don't know if this has been covered before but just wondering what and how many pets the members of ShrimperZone have.

I have:
- 8 month old Labrador
- 2 cats
- 1 gerbil.

I also have my work dog which is a 6 year old German Shepard.

And for this week my wife has kindly offered to look after 2 other dogs:
Another Labrador and a Jug (jack Russell crossed with a pug, if you hadn't already worked it out)

Morning all,

Don't know if this has been covered before but just wondering what and how many pets the members of ShrimperZone have.

I have:
- 8 month old Labrador
- 2 cats
- 1 gerbil.

I also have my work dog which is a 6 year old German Shepard.

And for this week my wife has kindly offered to look after 2 other dogs:
Another Labrador and a Jug (jack Russell crossed with a pug, if you hadn't already worked it out)

If you need me to look after your wife's jugs, just ask :winking:

Hmmmm well to complement the one cat I have here in HK let's try the following 2 horses, 4 cats, 1 dog, 1 rabbit and 1 snake. Second rabbit died earlier this year second snake a couple of weeks back and oldest cat is 21 and still going strong

Kids have 2 guinea pigs. Was meant to be one hamster as my daughter pleaded for one for ages only to get to the pet store and realise she meant a different animal. Duh. We then bought two. Double Duh.

I have 2 dogs a staffy and british bulldog.Bulldogs have got so much character.

I've always wanted tropical fish. Are they hard to keep? I hear they can be a lot of effort with getting the water right and the temperature?

I've always wanted tropical fish. Are they hard to keep? I hear they can be a lot of effort with getting the water right and the temperature?

No it's not difficult, but you have to be prepared for dead fish! It's also a pain in the @rse having to keep the filters clean.

Depends on what type of fish - some are more sensitive to water conditions than others - and some will only eat live food. The bigger the tank the easier, as the water conditions tend to be more stable. I spend a few mins a day feeding and 20 mins once a week (or sometimes every other week) on water change, filter maintenance etc.

We have a yellow lab/retriever who is a failed guide dog.

One three year old West Highland Terrier which was given to my son. Free to him but definitely not free to me.

One roughly twelve year old Lab/Corgi cross, which was left with us while a troubled family sorted their life out. They were coming back for him in October. October 2003, that is, so I suspect (especially as all the kids are now in care) that he is here to stay.

One Goldfish which my daughter bought in a pet shop when she was 9. She is twenty now and gone, but the bloody fish lives on, costing a fortune in fish food and ever-larger tanks and is eight and a half inches long. I showed it an article in the paper which said that Goldfish only live for 7 years. It seemed unmoved.

Back