• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

(another) Music Thread

The General

The Mouse (*)
... you know when the Arctic Monkey's album is coming out at all? The 2nd single, I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor is spuddin' great and are headlining the MTV2/Gonzo tour in a month or so. The likes of Franz, Snow Patrol, Kaiser's have done this so they look set for very big things.

Also got the Mitchell Brother's album on Monday and it really is good. Bit different to the stuff i normally listen to but check out there singles "Routine Check" and "Harvey Knicks" if ya can. Also got LCD Soundystem album and Arcade Fire which are both very good.

Any other recommendations people?

Albums to also look out are from the Dead 60's and We Are Scientists.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 14 2005,14:30)]... you know when the Arctic Monkey's album is coming out at all? The 2nd single, I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor is spuddin' great and are headlining the MTV2/Gonzo tour in a month or so. The likes of Franz, Snow Patrol, Kaiser's have done this so they look set for very big things.

Also got the Mitchell Brother's album on Monday and it really is good. Bit different to the stuff i normally listen to but check out there singles "Routine Check" and "Harvey Knicks" if ya can. Also got LCD Soundystem album and Arcade Fire which are both very good.

Yeah I heard that the Harvey Knicks one is a killer.

Please address all complaints to Shrimperzone, c/o Leeboy and Napster @ Che and Petts' Love Shack, Essex.

I have some of the mitchel brothers stuff i could and its very good. I'm very impressed!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 14 2005,14:30)]... you know when the Arctic Monkey's album is coming out at all? The 2nd single, I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor is spuddin' great and are headlining the MTV2/Gonzo tour in a month or so. The likes of Franz, Snow Patrol, Kaiser's have done this so they look set for very big things.

I must be getting old, i did not understand a word of that.

Don't know when the album is coming out but I do have an album's worth of (legal) downloads. If you get a blank CD to me before or after the game on Saturday then I will be happy to burn them for you.

They really are my new favourite band and better than anything else out there at the moment - despite there being a lot of good music around at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 14 2005,14:54)]
[b said:

Please address all complaints to Shrimperzone, c/o Leeboy and Napster @ Che and Petts' Love Shack, Essex.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 14 2005,20:06)]Go here and watch the new video - pure fecking genius I swear!
Gets better everytime.

The quality on my WMP was a bit pants though for some reason. Nevermind. Still love it.

Thanks for the offer. I'll get a CD to you on Saturday. Must have one blank hanging about somewhere.

cool.gif

Exactly - almost early 'The Jam' like for pure passion and energy with fantastic tunes.

I know I'm going on but they really are that good and if there is any justice in this world you'll be hearing a lot about them in the coming year or so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 14 2005,14:54)]
[b said:

I bet the Mitchell Brothers will be regreting the fact that they ever released that single now!

BTW my friend works in the Perfume bit of Harvey Knicks. He works in the stockroom though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 14 2005,20:06)]Go here and watch the new video - pure fecking genius I swear!
Thanks for that RM. Just had a quick listen, very impressed. Will have another go once the boss is off to a meeting
wink.gif

If anyone's into their Shoegazing, I can heartily recommend Before The Dawn Heals Us by M83. Been out for a few months now but I've only recently got around to buying it and it's fantastic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Sep. 15 2005,10:21)]Excuse my brother is a good tune from the Mitchell Brother's
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
"Wish i did the same" is much better ...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 15 2005,12:03)]If anyone's into their Shoegazing, I can heartily recommend Before The Dawn Heals Us by M83. Been out for a few months now but I've only recently got around to buying it and it's fantastic.
Ooooh, I saw them on 120 Minutes a few months ago & didn't ever check to see if they had an album.

May have to try & source that over the weekend then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 14 2005,20:10)]Thanks for the offer. I'll get a CD to you on Saturday. Must have one blank hanging about somewhere.

cool.gif
Well, what happened......?

'MUG!'

wink.gif

Back