• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another one bites the dust.....

Inevitable, and the wrong decision IMO. Dalglish is no better suited to inspiring Liverpool's misfiring players than Hodgson, there's no point in him sanctioning any signings given the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of the season and it's not the rejuvenation that they need. They should've had the balls to appoint someone on a permanent basis so whoever it is has the opportunity to bring in the players they want.

no surprise really. i never thought he would last song. will be very interesting to see how kenny will get on and whether he will get the job beyond the end of the season.

Inevitable, and the wrong decision IMO. Dalglish is no better suited to inspiring Liverpool's misfiring players than Hodgson, there's no point in him sanctioning any signings given the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of the season and it's not the rejuvenation that they need. They should've had the balls to appoint someone on a permanent basis so whoever it is has the opportunity to bring in the players they want.

Agreed seems like they bowed to fan pressure, (as a liverpool fan) would prefer a permanent appointment made now or in the near future.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - getting rid of a quality, proven manager who has managed bigger clubs than Liverpool and replacing it with a has been who's been out of the game for 15 years or something.

I thought all Liverpool's woes were down to their owners? Wasn't them leaving supposed to be the magic cure?

I thought it was a bad appoitment in the first place. What did he achieve in the league with Fulham? He kept them up, not what Liverpool want.

I thought it was a bad appoitment in the first place. What did he achieve in the league with Fulham? He kept them up, not what Liverpool want.

I'm inclined to agree with that... He was the right appointment for Hicks and Gillett, a steady pair of hands to steady the ship after a tempestuous season both on and off the field. Now that things have been sorted, he's just not the man to take Liverpool forward.

A decent man who did wonders at Fulham. Also, his pronounciation of the word 'renaissance' last week is unlikely to be bettered.

what a bunch of ******* the scouse fans are, well at least they have their wish now. I'm surprised they didn't start chanting for Bill Shankly to be reinstated.

Black armbands all round tomorrow at Anfield to mourn Uncle Roy?

what a bunch of ******* the scouse fans are, well at least they have their wish now. I'm surprised they didn't start chanting for Bill Shankly to be reinstated.

Black armbands all round tomorrow at Anfield to mourn Uncle Roy?

This reminded me of a previous encounter between these two teams - it may well have been in the FA Cup as it was in mid-February - back in '86. Man U fans had a banner saying 'Shankly '81' whilst the Scousers had one with 'Munich '58.' It was at Anfield as the Man U coach was ambushed by some of the scallies on its way into the ground - I have a vague recollection (or is it confabulation?) of windows being smashed. There was a certain frisson about going to some grounds in the '80s. :cricko:

Back