• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anton brought West Ham and England hero Bobby Moore back from the USA to be commercial manager at Southend, but also planned to bring QPR to Southend’s Roots Hall and have the two clubs play one day after the other, offering the ultimate football watching experience.

:stunned: :stunned: :gun:

If I want to give money to GOSH i'll do it off my own back. I don't need to buy a book from him to do so.

Does it also mention how he ruined Scarborough as well and condemned them to non-league oblivion?

Remember him taking over the day we won 2-1 there first game of the season under Alvin.

Their press boys were all celebrating like it was some big coup... little did they know!

Does it also mention how he ruined Scarborough as well and condemned them to non-league oblivion?

Remember him taking over the day we won 2-1 there first game of the season under Alvin.

Their press boys were all celebrating like it was some big coup... little did they know!

Pause for thought for those voting to look for a new owner. Who knows, we could attract the likes of Peter Ridsdale, Milan Mandric, Vladimir Romanov, or that bloke who did keepy-uppies in the centre circle at Old Trafford, and ended up nearly bankrupting Carlise.

I also remember Mr Knighton recalling how he spotted UFOs on the M6.

Wouldn't it be great if one flew down the A13 and abducted Ronald.

As for Johnson's tripe, it's self-published, so should have about as much factual credibility as a movie script penned by Joseph Goebbels.

As for Johnson's tripe, it's self-published, so should have about as much factual credibility as a movie script penned by Joseph Goebbels.

But surely his lawyers would have gone through it for potential libel. I wonder if there's anything about Ron and Doncaster?

That's the bloke! And I think I'll give the book a miss, anyway I've got a dodgy offering about some Lower League Lothario with a poor disciplinary record to finish first.

:whistling:

underrated script writer that bloke :whistling:

Like the comment at the end of the page 'is this in then on-fiction or fiction section?'

Would be tempted to buy this as the proceeds are supposed to go to charity,no doubt a charity run by Anton Johnson. If younger fans think Ron Martin is a crook then thats nothing compared to Anton Johnson. He was subject to a 'world in action' programme on ITV which alleged all kind of things. He was charged with stealing a Video and TV from the club but it couldn't be proved in Court. The money from the Christmas club disappeared andthe club very nearly went out of business.

Like the comment at the end of the page 'is this in then on-fiction or fiction section?'

Would be tempted to buy this as the proceeds are supposed to go to charity,no doubt a charity run by Anton Johnson. If younger fans think Ron Martin is a crook then thats nothing compared to Anton Johnson. He was subject to a 'world in action' programme on ITV which alleged all kind of things. He was charged with stealing a Video and TV from the club but it couldn't be proved in Court. The money from the Christmas club disappeared andthe club very nearly went out of business.

I've ordered a copy.Can't wait to see how he justifies all that.
(As it happens he used to live quite near our family home in Eastwood at one time).

I knew him as a teenager, lording it over everybody driveing his red Etype jag around grays, he was an a--e hole then and I presume still is today.

(As it happens he used to live quite near our family home in Eastwood at one time).

Was it around Nobles Green Road?.
Long story, but got to know him fairly well when he was the owner of The Trading Post pub, and Crocs nightclub in Rayleigh from 1978 onwards.
When he was Chairman of Rotherham in 1982, he got me good tickets for the Spurs v QPR FA Cup final. They were from Rotherhams allocation, as they had their name stamped on them!.

I thought Arfur Fowler went to jail for this ??

Good old Ken Bates and Robert Maxwell came to the rescue and put in money to save the club, before Vic Jobson somehow wrestled control from Johnson in the courts. It's good to remember the people we have to thank for the club's continued existence.

Was it around Nobles Green Road?.

Yeah.

Good old Ken Bates and Robert Maxwell came to the rescue and put in money to save the club, before Vic Jobson somehow wrestled control from Johnson in the courts. It's good to remember the people we have to thank for the club's continued existence.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call Ken Bates and Robert Maxwell good before(and certainly not in the same sentence).But I know what you mean.:winking:

Back