• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Given the importance of early diagnosis in the effective treatment of injuries, I'm surprised that hasn't happened sooner.

Given x-rays have a poor prognostic value for many injuries, which is worsened by any swelling which may have occurred, it sometimes makes medical sense to wait before making a definitive diagnosis. He'll probably have been treated and the shoulder immobilised, there probably isn't much more they can do. Plus it's hard to get a scan done on a Sunday. Do you really think the club are just being slow and lazy when it comes to one of our best players just before our biggest game of the season?

Given x-rays have a poor prognostic value for many injuries, which is worsened by any swelling which may have occurred, it sometimes makes medical sense to wait before making a definitive diagnosis. He'll probably have been treated and the shoulder immobilised, there probably isn't much more they can do. Plus it's hard to get a scan done on a Sunday. Do you really think the club are just being slow and lazy when it comes to one of our best players just before our biggest game of the season?

Got to agree with Mick on this one. Whilst Joe Public may not have easy access to a scan on a Sunday, that should present little difficulty for a professional football club, paying privately. Of course we don't know that he hasn't had a scan and that the x-ray is not simply a follow up to confirm the scan results or an addition as the scan did not identify the problem. Either way, I would be suprised to see him play on Wednesday

I think it's fair to say they haven't always treated the medical side of things as a top priority in the past.

It's pretty common to leave these things a couple of days, I think. Other than if something is a clear break I gather that you don't learn much from an X-Ray until the swelling has gone down a bit.

Beefy is indeed correct, however they wouldn't need to follow up an MRI with an x ray. An to be honest would it make a lot of difference anyway. Presumably he isn't training as if he is in so much pain they are expecting a fracture then it is unlikely he is going to make it. A clear X Ray isn't suddenly going to heal his pain.

At the time on saturday I was convinced he had dislocated his shoulder and at the end when he walked off the pitch with his back to us I was even more convinced with the way the shoulder was positioned.
If it is either a dislocation or ligament or even muscular either way I highly doubt he will be fit for Weds return match. If dislocated then out if we reach Wembley which, would be a great shame for him

At the time on saturday I was convinced he had dislocated his shoulder and at the end when he walked off the pitch with his back to us I was even more convinced with the way the shoulder was positioned.
If it is either a dislocation or ligament or even muscular either way I highly doubt he will be fit for Weds return match. If dislocated then out if we reach Wembley which, would be a great shame for him

I thought he may have dislocated it when he first went down, but the fact he got up and rolled his shoulder seemed to confirm he hadn't.

Pretty sure if it was dislocated he would have never been able to play on, it's a pretty serious injury and I not aware of anyone that has played on with it. In most cases players are actually stretchered off.

Unfortunately movies give the impression that you can dislocate your shoulder, pop it back in, and you'll be fine :smile:

you can dislocate your shoulder and it can pop back in by itself. I guess we'll find out tomorrow what he did and if he'll miss any games.

Back