• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ANY ONE FOR

owen4emma

Bringing back Martyn Margetson, if we Favs or collis to get an injury.

Or

Phil Mulryne
Danny Pugh
Jermaine Wright
Craig Rocastle

All have been given a free transfer.

Definately Pugh - tipped for big things, strange it didnt work out at Leeds. Rocastle is meant to be promising too, but the fact he is getting shipped club to club doesnt bode well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 06 2006,23:19)]Definately Pugh - tipped for big things, strange it didnt work out at Leeds. Rocastle is meant to be promising too, but the fact he is getting shipped club to club doesnt bode well...
Rocastle developed a good reputation at Hibs before he decided to move back South.

Could be a tempting propisition

[b said:
Quote[/b] (owen4emma @ June 06 2006,21:25)]Bringing back Martyn Margetson, if we Favs or collis to get an injury.
Even disregarding the grammar, spelling and punctuation, this suggestion has little to commend it.

He hasn't played a League match for near enough two years and the idea of giving him a contract in case two keepers are unavailable is ludicrous. Sorry.

possibly one of our worst keepers.. along with Neville "58inch waist" southall..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ June 07 2006,00:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (owen4emma @ June 06 2006,21:25)]Bringing back Martyn Margetson, if we Favs or collis to get an injury.
Even disregarding the grammar, spelling and punctuation, this suggestion has little to commend it.

He hasn't played a League match for near enough two years and the idea of giving him a contract in case two keepers are unavailable is ludicrous. Sorry.
Mick, you can be sure that many of us get frustratef with the poor spelling, grammer and typos. But I'm not sure what's wurse - the odd poorly constructed sentance or you banging on about it.

Now knock yourself out on that little lot.

tounge.gif

i'd rather get a couple of strikers and defenders in before we start thinking about a 3rd choice goalie!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ June 07 2006,09:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ June 07 2006,00:12)]
[b said:

Mick, you can be sure that many of us get frustratef with the poor spelling, grammer and typos. But I'm not sure what's wurse - the odd poorly constructed sentance or you banging on about it.

Now knock yourself out on that little lot.

tounge.gif
Far from "banging on about it", I was in fact disregarding it and focussing on the rather poor suggestion that we should sign a goalkeeper at the end of his career (or past the end of it) to cover one of the few positions where we are now comfortable.

Your defence of this post from my casual aside, coming from someone whose posts are well written and equally well worth reading, is presumably some form of inverted snobbery.
wink.gif

Generally my only serious comments about grammar, spelling and punctuation relate to the official site and club programme and as these are the public faces of the club, the current standard is not good enough.
sad.gif

Mulryne has consitently been a good performer for me on Champ Man...so maybe we should.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Far from "banging on about it", I was in fact disregarding it and focussing on the rather poor suggestion that we should sign a goalkeeper at the end of his career (or past the end of it) to cover one of the few positions where we are now comfortable.

Your defence of this post from my casual aside, coming from someone whose posts are well written and equally well worth reading, is presumably some form of inverted snobbery.
wink.gif

Generally my only serious comments about grammar, spelling and punctuation relate to the official site and club programme and as these are the public faces of the club, the current standard is not good enough.
sad.gif
I certainly wasn't defending the post as I agree with you. For me, Margetson wasn't great then and isn't the answer now. If I have done you a disservice then I apologise but my perception wasn't related solely to this thread.

As I said before, I also find the same things frustrating. The official site is equally frustrating but it shouldn't detract from the massive improvements that have been made in other areas.

I am worried about my potential for inverted snobbery though!

tounge.gif

Back