• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone been in a box, Platinum Suite etc

Am thinking of getting one for a game next season. Anyone recomend it? What about the Platinum suite? Will try and get it for my Dads birthday. Recomendations?

Platinum suite sh!t just an excuse to kick us all out of drinking in the blues lounge a few years ago and send us downstairs where its even worse!

yup, several times.

Personally speaking, they're OK for a one off but I wouldn't want to do it often - you can't hear anything from outside and they get very hot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 07 2006,12:14)]yup, several times.

Personally speaking, they're OK for a one off but I wouldn't want to do it often - you can't hear anything from outside and they get very hot.
Dont forget Leeboy the new opening windows on the boxes now!

agreed, its very warm, which may suit you come the winter, but now they have fitted next windows in them so u can open them.

buffet and drinks when u want is also good, and sky sports news on in the background

i think the only thing missing is the atmosphere, id rather be outside chanting.

must have been fitted quite recently then - went in one for Millwall friendly and it was boiling.

although the hot air coming from Barris didn't help
laugh.gif

Spent the tailend of last season in one because of a gift to my Dads friend, Approx. December - May and, to be honest, wasn't really impressed with them.

The pre-match and half time finger 'buffet' isn't bad, the readily available drinks that can be drunk during the match and the fact theres a TV in there all add up, but the atmosphere is absolutely dire. 3 or 4 times, The Orient game definitely, the box next to us was filled with opposition fans... I know its the clubs job to reach maximum capacity but to have Away fans chanting and jeering in a box isn't on.

I remember the Yeovil game specificly... a Hot day meant for a boiling box which only added to the incredibly tense atmosphere. That was the day i really would've preferred beign in my usual seat as i could tell the atmosphere was good.

Also had a few bad experiences last season.... 5 or 6 times the club tried to fleece us on the drinks bill, and on a few occasions the club completely denied recieving the money. When someone rang up to complain, some tw&t on the other end of the line said he was using the money for his Holiday as a "Joke" and it was only by complaining to Brian Wheeler was it resolved. People i know in the box this season say this still happens occasionally and will definitely not be renewing the box next season, despite the window improving the atmosphere.

Back