• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone else feel

Thenewblue

Manager
I think at the end of this season Tes's contract won't be renewed, I think theres plenty of strikers with better ability and determination in this league, I know i'll get shot down by the Tes fans but I feel he's not good enough and doesn't score enough goals for us.
Bye Tes!

Difficult to say. If we go up, we'll probably get rid. If we stay down, we'll probably keep him.

I think he's worth having at the club. I'm not sure we'd be able to get in anyone better to play as 4th choice to be honest. It's not like we can afford to pay massive wages.

Its a shame that after all the time he has been with the side noone, including Tes, have managed to conquer his demons whatever they are. Good strong player with more than enough technical ability for the lower Leagues, but only deems to show glimpses of his true prowess. If he could muster a high level of fitness, sort his head and gain a prolonged run in the side I feel he will score plenty of goals. Just too many if's. Great shame. I and many other football fans would love to see him warrant his cult status. Heres hoping.

tes reminds me of a car i had once, looked great, could pass anything on the road (except a petrol station) and was the envy of everyone. trouble is i could never keep the poxy thing on the road. it was allways breaking down and never for the same thing

On his day Tes can be the best striker at the club. The problem is these days are few and far between. I don't see the point in keeping him if his contract is up, i'm sure there are players with more potential and determination around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 24 2005,01:08)]Its a shame that after all the time he has been with the side noone, including Tes, have managed to conquer his demons whatever they are. Good strong player with more than enough technical ability for the lower Leagues, but only deems to show glimpses of his true prowess. If he could muster a high level of fitness, sort his head and gain a prolonged run in the side I feel he will score plenty of goals. Just too many if's. Great shame. I and many other football fans would love to see him warrant his cult status. Heres hoping.
Yeah, I would go along with this.
And even though he has come across as dissapointing in many games, I feel it would be a great shame to let him go.

sad.gif

Oh dear, wait until Kev reads this post!

oops.gif

The thing with Tes is, like somebody has already said, on his day is probably one of the best strikers in the division but hardly has his day and when he does its normally on its own and not followed by another one. for example, last season Tes scored two goals in quick succession in the first half at home (Not sure who against) and I finally thought he was fulfilling his potential but then went missing in the next match after spurning a couple of good chances to hit his hat trick.

Has Tes ever scored a Southend United hat trick?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 24 2005,13:39)]Has Tes ever scored a Southend United hat trick?
No, but then not many people have, so i don't think we can hold that against him.

FWIW I would hate to see him go, as I think he gives us something different up front, he's been very unfortunate with injuries this year and you should all remember he is also our 3rd choice keeper
tounge.gif

Hes had it, im sorry but i agree he can be fantastic, but a club trying to go places, he just does not have the right attitude on the pitch. I would rather have a striker not as high on POTENTIAL quality, who will run and run and run than Tes.

Tes has had his chance at Southend and for whatever reason can't do it on a regular basis. At his age and with the period of time that he has been at Southend he should be a regular in the 1st team by now.
He is unlikely to get a new contract for next season and will probably play for a team in the Conference South or the Ryman's league. I don't think he is good enough for the Conference National, not even the Marsh Rats, as he is so inconsistent and appears uninterested in many games, managers of Conference clubs won't want a player like that.

Even the mighty ORM is beginning to waver on this one. If we could afford the luxury I'd like to see him farmed out to someone on loan for a month or so. If Cambridge City weren't flying high I'm sure they would do nicely for all concerned.

I think we're all agreed that he HAS got the ability and I would dearly love him to prove the doubters wrong between now and the end of the season. Tomorrow night would be a good start.

I can see it now. A perfect Tes hat-trick (left, right, head) each assisted by a perfect Maher combo (left side corner, right side corner, free kick).

Nurse !

NURSE !!!!!

smile.gif

Back