• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Appeal to Ron Martin

ElstreeBlue

Coach
Ron

Your dream is clearly not working out.

There are only so many times you can borrow from the future. Eventually the pot runs out and nothing's left.

Our town's football club has been an integral part of the town for over a century. It can still be saved before it's too late.

If the club folds with you at the helm, your name will go down in folklore for all the wrong reasons.

Don't let the club go out of business or out of the football league. The club has a rich heritage and is more important than one person's own personal financial dreams.

There are still options available to you.

The consortium is still out there. There may be other investors willing to save the club.

If the club folds because you did not involve genuine outside investors when there were some available, you will never be forgiven by thousands of people. No matter what side of the story you tell.

You can still get out of this.

Last edited:
Yeah Big guy, you don't want to the most hated man in Southend - do you? God forbid how that would impede on your life and expensive cars.

just seen we have got 35 days to pay 200k or go out of buisness, it was on the news.

Ron

Your pipe dream has clearly not worked out.

There are only so many times you can borrow from the future. Eventually the pot runs out and nothing's left.

Our town's football club has been an integral part of the town for over a century. It can still be saved before it's too late.

If the club folds with you at the helm, your name will go down in folklore for all the wrong reasons.

Don't let the club go out of business or out of the football league. The club has a rich heritage and is more important than one person's own personal financial dreams.

The consortium is still out there. There may be other investors willing to save the club.

If the club folds because you did not involve genuine outside investors when there were some available, you will never be forgiven by thousands of people. No matter what side of the story you tell.

Not for the first time, I am asking you who are these benefactors calling themselves the consortium really are and why will they not come forward to reveal their plans to secure the future of the club.
If they are as serious as you seem to claim,unless they step forward quicksmart they may not have a club to save.

Not for the first time, I am asking you who are these benefactors calling themselves the consortium really are and why will they not come forward to reveal their plans to secure the future of the club.
If they are as serious as you seem to claim,unless they step forward quicksmart they may not have a club to save.

I agree, it's well and good making the noises, or working via a shadowy front man. But let's see the "consortium" put their cards on the table. I understand they can't make definite financial commitments until they see the books and/or reach agreement with Ron Martin to sell. However they all have names so they should all step out of the shadows, presuming of course they exist.

Is "may be" an option open to Ron ?

True, the Consortium is still out there, however they have not upped their bid or even evidenced that tey have sufficient financial support to do anything other than take Ron over.
Do you not think that if there was someone out there who had the money to buy the club , manage a sufficient cash injection and maintain the subsidy / additional finance required to sustain the increased overheads playing at a highr level would involve and ,above all,had the inclination to take the club over, that they would have surfaced by now, and would imagine that one way of forcing Rons hand , were he to turn down any offers, would be to let the fans know about the future plans for the club .
However we have had silence.....

I believe thats Ron signature tune when the going gets tough " Silence is golden ", even got two tunes in the sentance for the price of one

mattytheshrimper said:
your probably right but i'm just sick of him. how can he run a business this way.
And you know better do you. Let me know how many businesses you have run, and how successful they have been....

your probably right but i'm just sick of him. how can he run a business this way.

Wellcome Matty to the real world of finance, how do you think the banks got into trouble, one failed venture, one early recall of money and the wheels of industry spin faster than can be controlled.

TALK IS VERY CHEAP !!!!

And you know better do you. Let me know how many businesses you have run, and how successful they have been....

i have ten.

seriously though i do know a little about it as my dad owns his own legal company so i do see a little about it and done a bit of work for here now and again.

his main rule is to pay the staff and his tax bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wellcome Matty to the real world of finance, how do you think the banks got into trouble, one failed venture, one early recall of money and the wheels of industry spin faster than can be controlled.

TALK IS VERY CHEAP !!!!

talk is cheap but i'm not the one owning the club, if i was considering to own a club first thing i would do is make sure i can afford it.

Ron

Your dream is clearly not working out.

I certainly echo these sentiments; but also we need to ensure that any investors - be they the consortium or anyone else - demonstrate that they have the werewithal and the business plan to carry the club forward.

Matt

i have ten.

seriously though i do know a little about it as my dad owns his own legal company so i do see a little about it and done a bit of work for here now and again.

his main rule is to pay the staff and his tax bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legal Company?

Back