• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are the Echo struggling for real news?

Lol....obviously a very quiet news day when the Echo resort to printing transcripts from a match on tv!

At risk of being seriously off topic I remember seeing an article in the local paper when I was a student reporting soaring sales of ice cream with the arrival of summer weather.

Who would have thought?

But that wasn’t the end of the insight though. The article did reveal to readers that the massive sales weren’t due to last. They were predicted to reduce somewhat in autumn as the weather cooled.

I may be in a minority (again), but I'm far more interested in what Peter Beagrie and Gary Birtles think than Chris Phillips or whatever "expert" normally writes match reports for the Echo.

Fair play to the Echo on this one, for those of us at the game it is interesting to find out how we are viewed nationally.

I may be in a minority (again), but I'm far more interested in what Peter Beagrie and Gary Birtles think than Chris Phillips or whatever "expert" normally writes match reports for the Echo.

Fair play to the Echo on this one, for those of us at the game it is interesting to find out how we are viewed nationally.

Beagrie's post-match analysis - "It's still all to play for but I've got to go with Doncaster," was his verdict.

This was also his pre-match and half-time analysis - he didn't actually wear a red stripey top but he didn't exactly provide an objective analysis for any neutral viewers either:thumbdown:

Beagrie's post-match analysis - "It's still all to play for but I've got to go with Doncaster," was his verdict.

This was also his pre-match and half-time analysis - he didn't actually wear a red stripey top but he didn't exactly provide an objective analysis for any neutral viewers either:thumbdown:

Its difficult to analyse his comments without having heard them, but I'd suggest that he's probably more objective than most Southend fans.

I wouldn't consider it particularly controversial to tip Doncaster at the start, and it being goalless at half-time and full-time would hardly force someone to change that analysis.

Its difficult to analyse his comments without having heard them, but I'd suggest that he's probably more objective than most Southend fans.

I wouldn't consider it particularly controversial to tip Doncaster at the start, and it being goalless at half-time and full-time would hardly force someone to change that analysis.

Fair comment - I think it was the grin on his face every time he tipped Doncaster that irritated me!

Back