• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are we in danger of.......

Lester Bangs

Manager
.......not actually starting the season?

Now I really dont want this to sound sensationalist or melodramatic but with the way things are going could we realistically not have a team to put out in seven weeks time?

With an embargo in place that will apparently be lifted before the season start (I am doubtful to be honest) and players cancelling their contracts I am very sceptical that we will be able to field a full team for the first game of the season.

Does the FA have a criteria that teams must adhere to in terms of a minimum number of squad players that must be registered prior to a season starting?

Trying to keep the faith but it just doesnt get any better at the moment.

I suppose we'll register 10 or so youth team players to fill the gaps. Southend United will survive, regardless of Ron Martin, and regardless of what division we play in.

We have enough Youths to put out a team.

Whether they are an even remotely competitive team we'll have to see...

Well the minimum amount of players to fulfill a fixture is 7 (SEVEN) so If we manage that, this will be a good start.

Just think. it was only a few months ago Uncle Ron promised we would start building the squad earlier this summer and not leave it as late as we have in previous years, another joke from Uncle Ron.

He is fast becoming britain best stand up!!!!

Just think. it was only a few months ago Uncle Ron promised we would start building the squad earlier this summer and not leave it as late as we have in previous years, another joke from Uncle Ron.

Not with those dodgy knees he's not...

The trouble is it's just not funny any more, and I can no longer refer to him as 'uncle'.

Mr Incompetent is slowly torturing the club to death in front of our very eyes.

.......not actually starting the season?

Now I really dont want this to sound sensationalist or melodramatic but with the way things are going could we realistically not have a team to put out in seven weeks time?

With an embargo in place that will apparently be lifted before the season start (I am doubtful to be honest) and players cancelling their contracts I am very sceptical that we will be able to field a full team for the first game of the season.

Does the FA have a criteria that teams must adhere to in terms of a minimum number of squad players that must be registered prior to a season starting?

Trying to keep the faith but it just doesnt get any better at the moment.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to start the season, but without a serious injection of capital from somewhere I don't see us finishing it.

In court (again)before Xmas? :unsure:

Well with the season ticket money spent already I don't see how we can expect to pay wages or tax bills. We don't have any cash.

We really, really need to start work on the stadium now if we're to have any hope.

If we do somehow stumble on to 7 August this could likely be the team. This is assuming (a likely assumption) no Moose, Scannell, Mildenhall, Francis and Paterson.

Bentley

Furlong (assuming he is still part of the youth set-up and hasn't gone to Fulham)
Christophe
Grant
Herd

Parmenter
O'Keefe
Lewis-Milner
Oki

Spencer
Crawford

TBH and I am not trying to be clever but none of us should be surprised by this . At the Q&A Ron said that we needed a cash injection to survive (I can't remember the figure). Clearly he has not been able to get those funds (The funds for the tax bill was a seperate amount).

All of Ron's comment have IMO been based on us having received these funds. I don't think some of us - myself included really thought through the implications of not getting those funds.

TBH and I am not trying to be clever but none of us should be surprised by this . At the Q&A Ron said that we needed a cash injection to survive (I can't remember the figure). Clearly he has not been able to get those funds (The funds for the tax bill was a seperate amount).

All of Ron's comment have IMO been based on us having received these funds. I don't think some of us - myself included really thought through the implications of not getting those funds.

I thought he mentioned something about needing to secure 3M of funding to finance the next two years

From what I can see, we'd need not much less than 3m just for this season. And no one is going to invest that kind of money in us without movement on the new ground.

From what I can see, we'd need not much less than 3m just for this season. And no one is going to invest that kind of money in us without movement on the new ground.

At the time there were posts predicting massive cuts in expenditure would be required for 3M to be enough to keep us afloat for 2 years

Back