• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are we really in a bad situation?

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
We have lost constantine but by the looks of it we are going to keep a pretty similar squad to what we had last year which will be a first for us through pre season. We normally end up with a new manager and 10 new players.

I think we can really build on what we have got so I am looking forward to an impressive start of the new season.

We are 5th in the league in playfor yourclub so come on everyone stay focused. We can do it! Southend do it for your team

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 31 2004,14:17)]We are 5th in the league in playfor yourclub so come on everyone stay focused. We can do it! Southend do it for your team
Cunningly... me thinks... this was the point of your entire post.

tounge.gif

But, just in case you really did mean the rest of what you said, we are still in danger of saying farewell to Maher, Cort Warren and Jay Smith.

Oh... and Wilson.

if they all went... we'd hardly have the same squad.

rock.gif

It's all down to what happens in the next couple of weeks. I agree we need some consistency.

It's nice to look at the column in the back of the programme, that tells you how many games players have played for the club, to see players who have played into 3 figures, especially when they're decent players for us. The problem is that we soon could be without Maher who's played over 280 games for us, Flahavan, who's played nearly 200 games for us and Cort who's played over 160 times for us. If they all leave then it leaves Bramble as the only player who's played over 100 times for us, and once again we'll be back to a season of transition like this past season has been.

don't be so pessimistic mate! wait " till" christmas......
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 31 2004,13:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 31 2004,14:17)]We are 5th in the league in playfor yourclub so come on everyone stay focused. We can do it! Southend do it for your team
Cunningly... me thinks... this was the point of your entire post.

tounge.gif

But, just in case you really did mean the rest of what you said, we are still in danger of saying farewell to Maher, Cort Warren and Jay Smith.

Oh... and Wilson.

if they all went... we'd hardly have the same squad.

rock.gif
ofcourse it wasn't the point  
tounge.gif

seriously though, I think Tilson has proven that he wants to take this club in the right direction and I just hope that some of those players you have mentioned realise it besides Wilson who can leave on all accounts  
biggrin.gif
 Strength in depth is good.

Steve Davis of Blackpool
Peter Beagrie of Sc**thorpe

Some good players available there  
wink.gif

also don't worry its not just Maher he has been linked with:

Taylor has previously shown interest in midfielders Junior Lewis (ex-Leicester) and Kevin Maher (Southend), while Mansfield's Liam Lawrence and Grimsby's Graham Hockless's names have also been touted

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 31 2004,20:53)]Taylor has previously shown interest in ... Mansfield's Liam Lawrence ...
After screwing up that free-kick and then doing a Lineker with the penalty in Cardiff , I think Lawrence's value might have diminished!

biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I hear he's been linked with a move to Rotherham United?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 31 2004,21:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 31 2004,20:53)]Taylor has previously shown interest in ... Mansfield's Liam Lawrence ...
After screwing up that free-kick and then doing a Lineker with the penalty in Cardiff , I think Lawrence's value might have diminished!

biggrin.gif

WS
he really didn't impress today did he? all that confidence to take a cheeky penalty like that must have now disappeared!

not heard that rumour!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 31 2004,21:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 31 2004,21:00)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

WS
he really didn't impress today did he? all that confidence to take a cheeky penalty like that must have now disappeared!

not heard that rumour!
Getting back on topic:

We're are that close away from West Ham I can smell them!

Back