• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Last season I did all the homes bar one but I only did I think four aways. Partly due to the fact I have two really young kids and they and the wife needed me around a lot more but mostly due to the apathy of watching us.

This year I have already done two away and I have booked up for Cheltenham with the War Chest for December (Dirt cheap by train if anyone is going). Also planning on five or so local ones over that period of time too.

Anyone else starting to get the buzz for coming again. I noticed my old pals Kent and Uncle Leo are starting to come to more and more now so it much be getting a bit infectious.

ive had a season ticket for the last four seasons and have only missed around one home game in that time, i decided not to get one this season due to them going up and the away following that comes to roots hall now is rubbish and the atmosphere has gone downhill, this season i have only been to one home game against northampton but will be going to morecambe game as their should be a good crowd, if we keep this form up to around xmas i might have to invest in half a season ticket for the rest of season but havnt made my mind up yet.

The buzz is definitely back. However due to lack of funds and a new baby I'm unlikely to see many games this, or any forthcoming seasons. However looking at my first trip down since August 2010 in November....

the fixtures have fallen really badly for me this year, and I've had quite a lot on otherwise, so haven't seen a game yet. However the buzz is definitely still there and after Christmas I'll definitely be a lot more regular.

The Mrs and I have missed a few already , due to family reasons, but we usually do most of the home games (season tickets) and a couple of aways. The first away this season will be Macclesfield where my son will see his first game for a while ,

I'm getting very frustrated at not being able to watch the team. The fixtures list seems to keep throwing up long away trips on the only days I can get to the UK. Should be able to start getting to one or two games per month from the Oxford game at the start of November and I'm really looking forward to it.

I usually manage 10 a season on average, what ever league we are in (I actually went to my least amount when we were in the championship believe it or not!).

This season how ever I am already on 8, missed Gills at home. Made up for that by going Dagenham last night. I am hopeful of going to as many close away games as I can this season.

Being exiled in Yorkshire, I can really only get to north and midlands away games, plus the odd home one. I am hoping to get 13 away league games this season and, for purely personal reasons, we get an away tie in the FA cup that I can get to and haven't been to before. Preston, Tranmere or Rochdale would be handy.

Went to every home game and 16 away last season probably my most ever and only missed TZ trips to Morecombe and Rotherham due to other commitments, love hanging out with the TZ crew and they kept dragging me back !!! :smile:

Went to every home game and 16 away last season probably my most ever and only missed TZ trips to Morecombe and Rotherham due to other commitments, love hanging out with the TZ crew and they kept dragging me back !!! :smile:

And we will continue to do so Chris:thumbsup: we enjoy having you aboard.

I doubt anyone can beat TZ's ever present Phil Cox's attendance record. If there's a ball being kicked he will be there!

Congrats to Phil on winning the SUFC signed photo at the memorial game tonight..... got to be better than the signed Tevez photo in a Spammers shirt that Barry Corr won, or the fish & chip voucher that Lee Sawyer got!
!

Back