• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've no problem with how the youth set up is working out at all - lots said about Della Verde at the time but that was a good deal for both Southend and the lad. He was commuting from islington to southend to train - Fulham is a much better option for him and his family, he is only a young lad.

Lyle is the type of player we will loan in a few seasons time and rave about.

How can we compete with anybody! If our hot prospects are just given away!

What is the point of having a youth system? Really really ****es me off!

How do you know we've "given him away" ???

Even by your standards thats an extremely naive statement

Ooh condescending again by Mr Superior Blood! :winking:

Because I'm sure I read somewhere that you don't get money for kids under a certain age! I could be wrong but I'm sure I've read it!

Also it just frustrates me, and I hate the money at the top flight, I hate the dominance I hate it all!

We can't even get a loan player from a premier league club (yes I realise Jack Sampson is) because they think it won't benefit them! We can't hold on to anything! What a joke! Hate it.

Our youth team seems to do a brilliant job at producing players for the prem sides but sadly not much of a job producing players for our first team.
Must be tricky to produce players who are quite good but not very good.

How long had Roberts been here? Had he come through the system here or is he another who we'd picked up after they'd been released from another club?

Back