• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ashley Nathaniel-George contract extension

Not seen a player at Southend for a while who keeps the ball as much as him. I’d wager he has some of the best ball retention stats in the league
Yes and no. His passing stats are some of the best in the league for a winger but his rate of unsuccessful first touches and being dispossessed are higher than they would need to be for him to deserve that description. I like him a lot but I also like digging into stats to prove/disprove my own preconceptions.

Yes and no. His passing stats are some of the best in the league for a winger but his rate of unsuccessful first touches and being dispossessed are higher than they would need to be for him to deserve that description. I like him a lot but I also like digging into stats to prove/disprove my own preconceptions.

Seems I shouldn’t be a betting man then!

Hasn't Akinola signed until the end of next season too?

Yes, Akinola was signed until 2022 but we didn't register him until the embargo was lifted. We managed to register ANG, Macca etc by signing them to short contracts.

Where are you finding these stats?

Where are you finding these stats?
If you dig into the detailed stats on WhoScored you can get pretty much all of this out though it is fiddly to learn how to use. His passing success rate is 84.1% which is outstanding for a L2 winger, however he has 3.2 unsuccessful first touches per 90min played, worse than average for a winger in the division, and has been dispossessed twice (while not dribbling) per 90min, also higher than average.

He does have the highest successful dribble rate per 90 for someone who has played 8 or more games at present, but that is partly a function of him attempting so many dribbles as his unsuccessful dribble rate is also above average. I can not be bothered to work out dribble percentage success rates here just now as the way the data is structured means they need calculating.

Last edited:
Back