• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance V Saints ?

GregStarz

Manager
What are we looking at ?

A low 2000 ish or much higher ? think we might loose a good few fans because of the Sky cameras

About 5,500, because Saints will probably bring quite a big following

Screw you guys, I'm going for 7300, most of whom still thinik Southampton are a Premier$hite club.

Could be a big one, East stand mostly sold out, probably 100 tickets left across the 4 sections. South Upper mostly sold as well and the West is going well. Looks like being 7000+

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 21 2005,21:31)]Could be a big one, East stand mostly sold out, probably 100 tickets left across the 4 sections. South Upper mostly sold as well and the West is going well. Looks like being 7000+
Wahey! We got someone checking Seatbooker...

biggrin.gif

Quality photo in the signature by the way! Reminds me of a drinking game we played where you weren't allowed to say the time when someone asked. As you've probably guessed, you had to say "stop" before they said hammertime and everyone then had to dance in an MC Hammer style. Very funny, even if not a lot of drinking was done as penalties!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 21 2005,21:38)]Did you all wear parachute pants?
Regrettably no.

The idea was conceived in the pub and props were quite limited, particularly fifteen odd!

I remember reading on here that someone said the east and south upper was nearly full for the huddersfield match and we were looking at a big crowd but we only managed 5500?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Aug. 21 2005,22:12)]I remember reading on here that someone said the east and south upper was nearly full for the huddersfield match and we were looking at a big crowd but we only managed 5500?
rock.gif
I think that 5,500 or so is going to be our average attndance this year. Without the boost of a promotion push the glory hunters will stay away. (excepting the big games like Col U)

Still, better than the 3,000 odd we were averaging a couple of years back!

Fully expect to be abused for this but I shall be sitting comfortably in my armchair for this one.
laugh.gif

Call me a miserable old git but I sense another Luton on our hands. I'd rather be drinking (and smoking) to watch this one. It doesn't matter one bit imo and our fantastic record in this competition will be continued. I wouldn't mind betting we had one of the worst 5 records in this cup over the last 30 years in the entire leagues. Come on stattos prove me wrong.
biggrin.gif

Now which one of the w%&ker Sky commentators and 'expert' is it going to be for this match ?

5,000. we never get a huge crowd in league cup 1st round. against northampton in playoffs the crowd was pretty poor considering what was at stake, mainly because it was live on sky. tonights game is live on sky, its only the 1st round, we had a game at home 2 days ago. we have col ewe on monday and the tickets are dearer than the usual 10 quid for cup match

6400 unless the Saints surprise me & bring more than I expect seeing as the game is on Sky.(600-700 odd away fans)

Its the height of the holiday season, and think thats why saturdays game was 5500, would imagine with an 8 oclock kick off it will help floaters who work in London, my guess 7565

Expect mass confusion tonight as South Yellow and West fans who've booked on seatbooker queue at the NorthWest ticket office (as instructed on the site and by email) only to be told their tickets have been transferred to the other side of the stadium without them being told.

And that's of course without knocking off any of the whopping admin fee which practically eats up any financial benefit from buying ahead of the game. What a disgraceful rip-off.

Saturday could have been 8,000 but we probably had 2,500 wandering around Prittlewell trying to find where seatbooker had sent their tickets. Even if East, South Upper and West are sold out for tonight, not everyone will be able to get hold of the tickets they've bought in time.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Aug. 22 2005,09:26)]6400 unless the Saints surprise me & bring more than I expect seeing as the game is on Sky.(600-700 odd away fans)
I reckon Saints will bring over 1000 fans to the game, and I'm thinking an overall crowd of 6875.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2005,01:26)]I wouldn't mind betting we had one of the worst 5 records in this cup over the last 30 years in the entire leagues. Come on stattos prove me wrong
Nope.

As this evening's attendees who buy the official programme may note from the my article this evening, in the unlikely event that they're bored enough to want to read it, we have a dire record in this competition.

We last won a game in the League Cup in 1998.

Three other random facts for you:

*This is only our second meeting with Southampton in the last 45 years.
*This is the first time that Southend and Southampton have ever met in the League Cup.

and (here's the one to give you all some false optimism for tonight...)

*As a manager, Harry Redknapp has never won a game at Roots Hall.

cool.gif

Back