• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance V Saints ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2005,01:26)]Fully expect to be abused for this but I shall be sitting comfortably in my armchair for this one.
laugh.gif

Call me a miserable old git but I sense another Luton on our hands. I'd rather be drinking (and smoking) to watch this one. It doesn't matter one bit imo and our fantastic record in this competition will be continued. I wouldn't mind betting we had one of the worst 5 records in this cup over the last 30 years in the entire leagues. Come on stattos prove me wrong.
biggrin.gif

Now which one of the w%&ker Sky commentators and 'expert' is it going to be for this match ?
Not sure about match commentator but I am sure Chris Kamara will be summariser. To be fair as ex Brentford, Swindon I don't like Kamara, but he does know his stuff from the lower leagues so at least the players will not be strangers to him.

Going back to the comment about Redknapp never having won a game at Roots Hall, has he managed a team here before now? I am not sure about his playing days though, as he may have played for Bournemouth here.

Redknapp's never won a game at the Hall? How many times has he managed a side here?

Let's hope that record continues....!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,11:33)]Going back to the comment about Redknapp never having won a game at Roots Hall, has he managed a team here before now? I am not sure about his playing days though, as he may have played for Bournemouth here.
Yep, he managed Bournemouth at Roots Hall on two occasions - in November 1983 and October 1990 - the former was a 0-0 draw, and the latter a 2-1 victory for the Blues.  None of the other sides he has managed have played at Roots Hall.

Oh, and he never won at the Hall whilst playing for Bournemouth either...

cool.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 22 2005,12:42)]None of the other sides he has managed have played at Roots Hall.
I beg to differ. West Ham have, for instance, played at the Hall.

wink.gif

Oh... do you mean during his actual tenure as manager?

tounge.gif

Not like you to make such sloppy statements.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2005,01:26)]Fully expect to be abused for this but I shall be sitting comfortably in my armchair for this one.
laugh.gif

Call me a miserable old git but I sense another Luton on our hands. I'd rather be drinking (and smoking) to watch this one. It doesn't matter one bit imo and our fantastic record in this competition will be continued. I wouldn't mind betting we had one of the worst 5 records in this cup over the last 30 years in the entire leagues. Come on stattos prove me wrong.
biggrin.gif

Now which one of the w%&ker Sky commentators and 'expert' is it going to be for this match ?
depends whether you call the ldv a cup
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 22 2005,12:42)]None of the other sides he has managed have played at Roots Hall.

wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Pedant.

upside.gif
tounge.gif

Incidentally, do I take it then that one can "manage a side" when one is no longer at the club in question?

rock.gif
wink.gif

You will note that I used "side" rather than "club" - an entirely aposite distinction in the circumstances.

Greenwich 1 - 0 Malta

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Aug. 22 2005,12:01)]
[b said:
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

depends whether you call the ldv a cup  
tounge.gif
No, it doesn't.

He said this competition and this cup. Even in the FA Cup, we have managed to get to the 5th Round on occasion, but in the League Cup, our performance is absolutely dreadful.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 22 2005,13:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,11:54)]
[b said:

Pedant.

Incidentally, do I take it then that one can "manage a side" when one is no longer at the club in question?

rock.gif

wink.gif

You will note that I used "side" rather than "club" - an entirely aposite distinction in the circumstances.

Greenwich 1 - 0 Malta

laugh.gif
If said manager leaves and another manager...

Oh forget it.

tounge.gif

Darryl has had a go at predicting the attendance as well. In today's Southern Daily Echo, he says "It'll be a full house at our place, around 12,000".

suspect.gif

Back