• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Austin Joins Watford

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Dean Austin has joined Watford as their assistant manager.

SMS from club.

good luck deano, it'll be a tough job but it's a good opportunity. Hopefully we can get in a decent defence-minded coach in his place

Justin Edinburgh would be ideal. Ex Southend with loads of experience and the onr thing he does know is how to organise a defence, as proved as Grays.

Well done deano. Well played!

Lets get someone in who can sort out our defensive problems!

Justin Edinburgh would be ideal. Ex Southend with loads of experience and the onr thing he does know is how to organise a defence, as proved as Grays.

Good shout that, Austin's been great on the scouting front, hopefully we've now got some leads established but we really do need someone else to come in and solve our defensive issues. Wonder if he'll target any of our loanees?

Tough one. My natural instinct is to wish him well as he has been a great servant to SUFC.

But I really don't like ****ford.

Hopefully he will enhance his reputation by sorting their defence out, but their attack will continue to be mince and they will go down on the back of loads of 0-0 draws.

Sawyer to Watford...? :)

Good luck to Deano though, thats a good move for him.

It wouldn't be that surprising, not so much because of the Austin link but because their new manager was Chelsea reserve team boss.

Before that he was at Reading, not sure at what age Federici and Robson-Kanu joined, but he was bound to have contacts there.

It wouldn't be that surprising, not so much because of the Austin link but because their new manager was Chelsea reserve team boss.

Before that he was at Reading, not sure at what age Federici and Robson-Kanu joined, but he was bound to have contacts there.

Yea, I was thinking of the Chelsea connection and putting 2+2 together.

Ahhhh bugger :(

Best of luck Deano.

Like someone else has mentioned, its nice to have some form of link with another Club in a higher division.

Be interesting to see who Tilly brings in as Deano was doing the reserves, helping coach the first team, and doing some scouting as well.

Wonder if the reserves might be something Furlong becomes more involved with now, it's been mentioned already while austin was still with us that it was a possibility.

I remember that Deano spoke of his ambition to go as far as he can within the coaching side of the game when he joined Tilly's staff. Good luck to him, it's a great opportunity.

Good luck to him. I will be intriuged to see who Tilly decides to replace him with.

Think he also comes from that way. He could be brilliant or useless of all I know but loved him as a player so good luck to him.

Be handy to have someone who knows the club as a number two somewhere else as if Tilly ever moves on we have a potential ready made replacement.

Be interesting to see who we get now.

Last edited:
Back