• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Australia captain Mark Milligan signs - and home kit sponsored by Shrimperzone

Lyden signing I’m guessing. Not one that particularly excites me or seems like the top priority but could work out very nicely if he can stay fit and find form at his age.

So, he won't be available on international weekends?

Could be in a pickle if Demetriou, Kyprianou, Milligan and Bishop get called up.

Welcome to the club though, if he is as good as our last Aussie, he'll do well.

Australian friend of mine says “Good in A League so I’d say average Championship or good League One player, at the tail end of his career though”.

Seems very much an alternative to Lyden and this one is a bit more exciting and proved quality. With the plan to get him in the coaching set-up it’s just what we need.

Not exactly our top priority but seemingly an improvement in quality and provides cover at the back where we definitely need it. Could help the likes of Dru and Kiernan if Bond sees him playing there. Kind of experience and leadership we’ve been missing in the middle.

I hope he's not another Turner. Old defender with old legs looking for one more payday.

Wow, have we actually signed the captain of a (**scrolls down the FIFA rankings**) top 50 international side?

I was going to say a Lyden signing would be a bit meh and I couldn't see how he'd fit into the side as we surely couldn't have such an inexperienced central midfield as him alongside Dru. This is the opposite.

We all said leadership was something that was lacking last season but if he's genuinely the current Australian captain (and didn't just take the armband once in a friendly) that's some signing.

Wow, have we actually signed the captain of a (**scrolls down the FIFA rankings**) top 50 international side?

I was going to say a Lyden signing would be a bit meh and I couldn't see how he'd fit into the side as we surely couldn't have such an inexperienced central midfield as him alongside Dru. This is the opposite.

We all said leadership was something that was lacking last season but if he's genuinely the current Australian captain (and didn't just take the armband once in a friendly) that's some signing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/17/arnold-makes-milligan-australia-captain

I see he has been sold the pipe dream of the new stadium too. Looks a pretty good signing though, in a position we needed.

what a curveball signing this is!

on paper great experience and leadership skills so hopefully he has the fitness to manage league one. If so this could be a very astute signing.

Happy with this. Like the idea of the coaching role being pre-agreed given his vast experience.

Back