• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average crowds last season in the National League

I can remember back in the day when I first started going, around 74/75, if we got over 4000 it was considered a decent crowd. Now we're non-league, in all sorts of trouble & averaging over 6000.

I’ve said it before. Back then you’d be enjoying your Friday night football with 2 terraces pretty full and East Stand 85% sold. At least 7,000 there. Then the official attendance announced. 4,321.

Can’t even point the finger at Ron.

I’ve said it before. Back then you’d be enjoying your Friday night football with 2 terraces pretty full and East Stand 85% sold. At least 7,000 there. Then the official attendance announced. 4,321.

Can’t even point the finger at Ron.

Yes. The "official" crowd figure would be announced followed a low ripple of laughter amongst the "4,321" .............

Its been said before If we had pushed on after our 1971-72 promotion season we could have been in 5 figure attendances many more times, away attendances were a lot smaller then up north but i guess than was due to travel being longer

I can remember back in the day when I first started going, around 74/75, if we got over 4000 it was considered a decent crowd. Now we're non-league, in all sorts of trouble & averaging over 6000.
I remember we played Wolves at home around February 1989 and match was all ticket I think that may have been because of some previous with them and crowd was about 5500 and that was considered very good for us back then

Or the fact that Borehamwood a small leafy suburb close to several Premier League clubs. Given their resources and playing against some huge bankrolled clubs, they manage their resources well. I don’t like them much, but that’s not their problem.

Or the fact that Borehamwood a small leafy suburb close to several Premier League clubs. Given their resources and playing against some huge bankrolled clubs, they manage their resources well. I don’t like them much, but that’s not their problem.
I compare them to Dorking.
And Boringhandwood come off very second best in that "head to head".
Dorking have striven to grow, be adventurous, be likable too.

Havent they got a 'loaded' owner? Who occasionally has a moan that the town doesn't seem to want a football club at a decent level otherwise more fans would turn up.. Can only imagine he'll get bored eventually, must be costing him a fortune.

They don't manage their resources that well.

They are fortunate that arsenal Ladies play there and pay a high price.

They also have a chairman who is just ploughing money in.

They definitely wouldnt survive on gates and matchday revenue alone.

Back