• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away Fans Standing.

After our trip to Scunthorpe on Friday the Stewards and a small showing from the old bill (oddly with Video camera filming the Southend fans) managed with not to much bother to get the sufc fans to sit down for the whole game, So why can our weak kneed stewards not do the the same?

Just another point did anyone else find it odd that the same stewards kept walking backwards and forwards across the front of our stand at scunthorpe, i must have seen the same stewards 20 - 30 times go past me.

Didn't notice the stewards to be honest as I was too busy looking at the burger girls who felt the need to keep walking up and down the stand - which was nice !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shoebury Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,02:52)]After our trip to Scunthorpe on Friday the Stewards and a small showing from the old bill (oddly with Video camera filming the Southend fans) managed with not to much bother to get the sufc fans to sit down for the whole game, So why can our weak kneed stewards not do the the same?
My guess is that it is something to do with the seats in the front three rows being below the level of the pitch. If they sit down then they can't see. If they stand, all the people behind have to stand otherwise they can't see.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolson's Lovechild @ Aug. 30 2005,08:15)]Didn't notice the stewards to be honest as I was too busy looking at the burger girls who felt the need to keep walking up and down the stand - which was nice !!!
Are you sure??
oops.gif
cool.gif

If there had been more of us then they wouldnt have really been able to enforce it, as they cant throw everyone out. If there is a team with a large number of fans, its gonna be impossisble to make everyone sit down!

But not impossible for the FLA to close the stand where the offending masses are situated. They won't do it at Old Trafford but who cares about Roots Hall?

WS

Those burger girls were ropey. One was quite nice at best!
And if you'd have had a go on that you'd have definitely had her Dad to answer to...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 30 2005,11:25)]It mite have somthing to do with the fact that the old bill were using a video camera on us and keeping a very close eye on our fans!
OH NO! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Whatever did you do?! They didn't make you poor mites sit down and watch the football match, did they?! What absolute rotters ...

WS

wink.gif

the video cameras were not used as a result of inside information. it was used as a precaution and you can find the police filming football fans quite a lot of the time now.

if there was any trouble, what with Col******r being the away team a few days later, where it was much more likely something was going to happen, then they could pass the evidence onto our very own southend copper and nick people.

I have seen these video cameras being used up and down the country over the last few seasons. They have been outside bar vic before filming.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 30 2005,11:25)]It mite have somthing to do with the fact that the old bill were using a video camera on us and keeping a very close eye on our fans!
OH NO! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Whatever did you do?! They didn't make you poor mites sit down and watch the football match, did they?! What absolute rotters ...

WS

wink.gif
No I am just saying I cant understand why people think that its such a strange thing that people sat down at Scunthorpe that police factor was there unlike at the Hall where everything is left to the stewards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 30 2005,09:37)]Those burger girls were ropey. One was quite nice at best!
And if you'd have had a go on that you'd have definitely had her Dad to answer to...
Not to mention the local Social Services.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Aug. 30 2005,10:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 30 2005,09:37)]Those burger girls were ropey. One was quite nice at best!
Not to mention the local Social Services.
and her 9 brothers

when i have spoken to the stewards before they just said they are only here for one game this season.

they can do it..

On a more serious note, so many of the seats at Scunny were jammed up, we had to stand most of the time anyway.

Why the hell did they put seats BELOW pitch level in a new build stadium? The designers derserve to be shot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 30 2005,11:49)]No I am just saying I cant understand why people think that its such a strange thing that people sat down at Scunthorpe that police factor was there unlike at the Hall where everything is left to the stewards.
So you'd rather have police forcing you to sit down than a private security firm? Strange boy ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,11:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 30 2005,11:49)]No I am just saying I cant understand why people think that its such a strange thing that people sat down at Scunthorpe that police factor was there unlike at the Hall where everything is left to the stewards.
So you'd rather have police forcing you to sit down than a private security firm? Strange boy ...

WS
I'm liking the use of "private security" there, most stewards are just hired of the streets!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 30 2005,10:25)]It mite have somthing to do with the fact that the old bill were using a video camera on us and keeping a very close eye on our fans!
There was one video camara constantly trained in the Scunthorpe fans in the corner to our right.

Back