• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away Shirts / Sponsors shirts fiasco

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
spoke to Brian Wheeler last night - because some players threw their home shirts into the crowd at Swansea we were forced to wear a brand new away strip for the Bristol match.

The Club has tried every possible outlet to obtain a new batch of home shirts for the sponsors only to be told by Nike direct that that line has now been discontinued.

All away sponsors will receive the away shirt that's been worn all season, whereas the home sponsors who don't get a Blue shirt will receive the worn-only-once away shirt.

so looks like me and Stats will be getting an away shirt then
kungfu.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,08:32)]spoke to Brian Wheeler last night - because some players threw their home shirts into the crowd at Swansea we were forced to wear a brand new away strip for the Bristol match.

The Club has tried every possible outlet to obtain a new batch of home shirts for the sponsors only to be told by Nike direct that that line has now been discontinued.

All away sponsors will receive the away shirt that's been worn all season, whereas the home sponsors who don't get a Blue shirt will receive the worn-only-once away shirt.

kungfu.gif
Was Brian OK? I noticed we appointed a new commercial director yesterday as per OS, wondered if he's leaving.

I think the shirts thing is poor, I have had all the people internationally I have persuaded to follow us asking why we wear white now!

If our Layer Road friends had run out of kit we would be having a field day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,08:32)]The Club has tried every possible outlet to obtain a new batch of home shirts for the sponsors only to be told by Nike direct that that line has now been discontinued.
get toffs.com to do it

laugh.gif

I'm surprised they didnt go down to morbec farm on the a127!!

We were told as from next season, shirts will be presented to the sponsors framed and signed at the beginning of the season to avoid this seasons scenario

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ May 10 2006,09:25)]We were told as from next season, shirts will be presented to the sponsors framed and signed at the beginning of the season to avoid this seasons scenario
So am I reading this correct, if you sponsor a player next season you will get a unworn, signed, replica shirt?

I don't suppose player sponsorship will be cheap next season you should still get a proper match shirt for your huge outlay!

As we are going to have a new kit for next season you would hope they have nearly sorted it out already. What with the increase in our crowds a nice new Centenary kit will sell like hot cakes. Lets hope they are available soon!

i will have to get the newhome shirt. plus i am still tempting to get the current away shirt and put goater on the back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ May 10 2006,10:18)]As we are going to have a new kit for next season you would hope they have nearly sorted it out already.  What with the increase in our crowds a nice new Centenary kit will sell like hot cakes.  Lets hope they are available soon!
I wouldn't hold your breath!
We'll be lucky to see the new shirts before mid-July & then they will have the usual "distribution & supply" problems so they won't be readily available before September!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 10 2006,10:23)]if the design is discontunied, not much they can do really!
How about a "buy-back" scheme for those supporters who have mint condition shirts?
tounge.gif

Seriously, me & Uxbridge Shrimper spoke about this at HT on Sat, one of the biggest days in the club's history & we had to wear our change strip, they should have put an S-O-S out for blue kit. Good to see they've learnt their lesson though in terms of their sponsors & will issue shirts at the start of the season.

Is it any wonder then that none of the players looked like they would "distribute" their kit again after the game on Saturday?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 10 2006,10:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ May 10 2006,10:18)]As we are going to have a new kit for next season you would hope they have nearly sorted it out already.  What with the increase in our crowds a nice new Centenary kit will sell like hot cakes.  Lets hope they are available soon!
I wouldn't hold your breath!
We'll be lucky to see the new shirts before mid-July & then they will have the usual "distribution & supply" problems so they won't be readily available before September!!!!
Yep, I know.

It makes you wonder how much revenue they lose over this sort of thing. Still we don't want to be too hard on the improved club shop we know they are working hard on all the new Centenary merchandise which will be cramming the shelves very soon.

I see Bournemouth have sorted out their new kit for next season and it is available to buy now.

That makes my home Bradbury shirt, which he wore at Swansea, worth quite a bit then, dont you think?!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 10 2006,11:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 10 2006,11:10)]That makes my home Bradbury shirt, which he wore at Swansea, worth quite a bit then, dont you think?!

biggrin.gif
have you washed it?
I got very lightly handwashed as it f%&king stunk after about 5 days of not being washed!!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 10 2006,11:10)]That makes my home Bradbury shirt, which he wore at Swansea, worth quite a bit then, dont you think?!

biggrin.gif
makes my Bradbury away shirt, that was worn only once the day we won the League, quite a bit, don't ya think?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,11:21)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
makes my Bradbury away shirt, that was worn only once the day we won the League, quite a bit, don't ya think?  
biggrin.gif
Yeah, but it's still only the away shirt!
laugh.gif
General - I feel this topic may be raised several times between you and Leeboy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,08:32)]spoke to Brian Wheeler last night - because some players threw their home shirts into the crowd at Swansea we were forced to wear a brand new away strip for the Bristol match.

kungfu.gif
Gutted!!!!!

Why would you want a sweaty shirt anyway?

rock.gif

Back