• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Back from Holiday!

The_Charm

Just had a ten hour delay back from malaga, cheers for that! shocking stuff!!

all these terrorists, just think we should all be proud that we always come back fighting...

i had my water bottle and hair gel taken off me by the spanish police, after a bag check, all very tight knit, what is the world coming to?

from the previous attacks , with regards to security, within a few weeks once again there will be no one around at stations and airports, do we have the resources to put them at all london stations etc, if we can do it for a few weeks can we do it all year round?

discuss?

Plenty of police with shooters at Canary Wharf station today. Some police even had two guns, a carbine and a pistol.

I flew back from Cyprus Sunday night and we were delayed for four hours. We had to sit in the scummy airport in the small hours because of the extra security at Gatwick.
Seems silly to put all this extra security on only when an attack happens and they linger for a few weeks and then they go back to their desks after it has all died down...until the next attack. Perhaps if security was this thorough all the time then maybe they would be able to protect these attacks in the first place.

I flew back from Cyprus Sunday night and we were delayed for four hours. We had to sit in the scummy airport in the small hours because of the extra security at Gatwick.
Seems silly to put all this extra security on only when an attack happens and they linger for a few weeks and then they go back to their desks after it has all died down...until the next attack. Perhaps if security was this thorough all the time then maybe they would be able to protect these attacks in the first place.

You've got a very valid point - however, with less and less people willing to join the police and emergency services, it just isn't viable to have them standing around 'in case' something happens at all hours of the day. I totally agree with what you're saying but I just can't see how they can commit the amount of manpower to that.

In any case, the scum that plan these attacks would find a way around it somehow. In addition, are we not in a small way feeding the fear that they are trying to create and therefore playing right into their hands?

You've got a very valid point - however, with less and less people willing to join the police and emergency services, it just isn't viable to have them standing around 'in case' something happens at all hours of the day. I totally agree with what you're saying but I just can't see how they can commit the amount of manpower to that.

In any case, the scum that plan these attacks would find a way around it somehow. In addition, are we not in a small way feeding the fear that they are trying to create and therefore playing right into their hands?

You are completely right, they do not have the manpower needed to keep up this level of security. Its just useless that they all come marching out with their guns after something has happened, then they go back to what they were doing before and then something else happens. Like you say though it just isnt practical and to be honest we dont want to live in a constant crime scene do we?

On the upside, they do seem to be putting more and more manpower into investigating terrorism plots, which is encouraging. However, I dont think we will ever win the war on terror and that scares me.

Last edited:

Spot on, thats the point, and also if they were there all the time, it would be factored into times of planes eventually, and it would not cause major delays when the decide to enforce it

You are completely right, they do not have the manpower needed to keep up this level of security. Its just useless that they all come marching out with their guns after something has happened, then they go back to what they were doing before and then something else happens. Like you say though it just isnt practical and to be honest we dont want to live in a constant crime scene do we?

On the upside, they do seem to be putting more and more manpower into investigating terrorism plots, which is encouraging. However, I dont think we will ever win the war on terror and that scares me.

But that's exactly how they want you to feel - scared. I know where you're coming from but my philosophy on it is that you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. What's the point in living in fear of a 'possible' terrorist attack? If it's your time to go, then so be it. I refuse to walk around in fear of what may or may not happen because that would mean that they are winning.

however, with less and less people willing to join the police

With all the people involved in the Glasgow attacks apparantly involved with the NHS, I'm slightly concerned if they decide to infiltrate the police force, and get trained to use weapons and then given the shooters.

But that's exactly how they want you to feel - scared. I know where you're coming from but my philosophy on it is that you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. What's the point in living in fear of a 'possible' terrorist attack? If it's your time to go, then so be it. I refuse to walk around in fear of what may or may not happen because that would mean that they are winning.

I wouldnt say I live my life in fear of them. I have exactly the same attitude as you, I believe that when its your time to go its your time and nothing can change that.

As a nation we are strong, that was evident after the 7/7 bombings, the way everyone united after such a terrible event was so comforting to see. However, these terroists are reckless, they have no regard for human life whatsoever and in this way, I dont think we will ever beat them and that is what scares me.

I wouldnt say I live my life in fear of them. I have exactly the same attitude as you, I believe that when its your time to go its your time and nothing can change that.

As a nation we are strong, that was evident after the 7/7 bombings, the way everyone united after such a terrible event was so comforting to see. However, these terroists are reckless, they have no regard for human life whatsoever and in this way, I dont think we will ever beat them and that is what scares me.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting that you live your life in fear. However, there are people out there who do.

Your comments are absolutely correct. A few years ago though it was the IRA that everyone was concerned about, now it is the suicide bombers. I am not an expert on terrorism but I'm sure there will always be and have always been people around who have no regard for human life. That is a scary thought - how do we beat them? By doing exactly what you and I do everyday - get up, go to work and carry on as normal.

Just had a ten hour delay back from malaga, cheers for that! shocking stuff!!

all these terrorists, just think we should all be proud that we always come back fighting...

i had my water bottle and hair gel taken off me by the spanish police, after a bag check, all very tight knit, what is the world coming to?

from the previous attacks , with regards to security, within a few weeks once again there will be no one around at stations and airports, do we have the resources to put them at all london stations etc, if we can do it for a few weeks can we do it all year round?

discuss?

Stop Moaning, At least you got back safe!

Back