• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Back in High Court Wednesday - What will be the outcome?

Back in High Court Wednesday - What will be the outcome?

• Total voters
6 (Six) more weeks of this ****. At least.

That takes us to end of June and players returning for pre-season training.

Theoretically it could be less than 6 weeks as a prudent business person would make it the latest conceivable completion date to build in a cushion for any complications.

So another extension in June it is then.

Theoretically it could be less than 6 weeks as a prudent business person would make it the latest conceivable completion date to build in a cushion for any complications.

So another extension in June it is then.
Can't see it going any further than end June, for various reasons. The NL AGM being one and the COSU financial backing being another.

If it's going to get done, then it will (have to) be in these next six weeks.

Failure to do so, then it's probably curtains for next season and possibly the club as a whole, if the judge and the petitioners lose their patience.

Failure to do so, then it's probably curtains for next season and possibly the club as a whole.
Once again we are waiting on Rat Man to pull his bloody finger out. Our club cannot move forward until he is finally gone. His convoluted web of lies, deceit and playing people off has gone as far as anyone can take. If I were one of the Consortium I would seriously consider my position.

STEWARTS Law have confirmed they will support a further adjournment of Southend United's winding up petition.
The London Law firm initially agreed to a four week adjournment ahead of a hearing at the High Court in mid-April.
But, ahead of the scheduled court hearing this Wednesday, Stewarts Law have agreed to again support the Shrimpers' request for another adjournment.
A statement issued to the Echo from Stewarts Law said: “Ron Martin has contacted us to advise that completion of the sale of the club is not now likely to occur before 15 May, the date of the adjourned winding up hearing, despite substantial progress having been made.
“Mr Martin has indicated that he will be requesting from the court on behalf of the club a further six week adjournment and has asked if we will support that request.
"We understand that this further adjournment will provide sufficient time to secure completion of the sale of the club enabling it to swiftly clear its historical debts and return to solvency.
"Based on that understanding, we have confirmed that we will support this adjournment.”

whenever I read people worrying about who we're going to sign, or preseason, it feels to me like someone worrying the Luftwaffe might damage their flower beds. It's a bit bigger than that.

Until that **** Ron Martin has his dirty rotten fingers prised off our club, our very existence is at stake.

STEWARTS Law have confirmed they will support a further adjournment of Southend United's winding up petition.
The London Law firm initially agreed to a four week adjournment ahead of a hearing at the High Court in mid-April.
But, ahead of the scheduled court hearing this Wednesday, Stewarts Law have agreed to again support the Shrimpers' request for another adjournment.
A statement issued to the Echo from Stewarts Law said: “Ron Martin has contacted us to advise that completion of the sale of the club is not now likely to occur before 15 May, the date of the adjourned winding up hearing, despite substantial progress having been made.
“Mr Martin has indicated that he will be requesting from the court on behalf of the club a further six week adjournment and has asked if we will support that request.
"We understand that this further adjournment will provide sufficient time to secure completion of the sale of the club enabling it to swiftly clear its historical debts and return to solvency.
"Based on that understanding, we have confirmed that we will support this adjournment.”

How does he get away with it.........?

I think we will get six weeks to ensure it gets done but if it’s not completed within that time scale then it’s curtains. I’m also guessing that there must be a set date in which clubs have to submit what it is they submit to the NL to ensure they are fit for purpose to participate next season.

I think we will get six weeks to ensure it gets done but if it’s not completed within that time scale then it’s curtains. I’m also guessing that there must be a set date in which clubs have to submit what it is they submit to the NL to ensure they are fit for purpose to participate next season.
Not necessarily. Stewarts Law want their money. The best way to get it is if the club survives and the deal goes through. They will see how the situation is close to the six week mark. If the deal is very close, I'm sure they will give the further weeks or days needed. They also don't really want to shut down a City's main football club.

Its not just rattie we need to worry about .Its the usless council that cant get together to save the citys football club .There is no time to throw it about from one meeting to the next one . We all know what they did with the seaway project .We cant afford for them to fanny around Just back your citys football club .

Reactions: jnl
Back