• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bad news?

I doubt the stadiums future rests on whether that stretch of road which will drag on for years....

I think it is even more important now for the club to develop there Park and Ride idea. We all know what a pain in the **** this stretch of road is. I for one dont want to lose out on a shining new stadium for a fecking road.

I think it is even more important now for the club to develop there Park and Ride idea. We all know what a pain in the **** this stretch of road is. I for one dont want to lose out on a shining new stadium for a fecking road.

A shuttle bus between Fossetts Farm and Town has already been highlighted with the council IIRC...

With the greatest respect can you imagine drawing one of the big boys in the cup and having 15,000 -20,000 on park and ride both in and out especially Christmas time, it honestly doesnot bear thinking about, its bad enough on small crowds at Roots Hall.

i don't think the crowd suitation at roots hall is that bad, i can get there easily and get home pretty easy as well. compared to most away games its not bad at all

With the greatest respect can you imagine drawing one of the big boys in the cup and having 15,000 -20,000 on park and ride both in and out especially Christmas time, it honestly doesnot bear thinking about, its bad enough on small crowds at Roots Hall.

But that's the whole point. If we were all in buses there would be a whole lot less traffic.

A bus takes up the road space of about 2 cars. So a bus with about 60 people on it will (assuming 3 people per car) save about 18 cars of road space. Not everyone will use the scheme, but everyone that does will be helping reduce the amount of traffic.

Yes, the areas around the pickup and drop off points will be busy, but that won't be in the centre of town, it will be along the A127 (for example) where there will be a easy access out of town, thus allowing the traffic to dissipate more quickly.

Well I think we have forgot we have a Railway station only 15mins walk away.... thousands like me will be coming n going on the trains.....

Back