• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Bailey out - £750k in - Thank you

You never know, you might see Bailey in the next Shrek movie :)

0,,10444~3751073,00.jpg

0,,10444~3751085,00.jpg

Ta-ra! Don't play in the reserves, to much. ;-)

This is when I feel like turning my back on the club when they insult your intelligence and think we are all gullible. So in 5 days Charlton more than doubled their bid,I don't think so. £750,000 is a figure to appease both sets of fans, we are meant to feel better about it, and Charlton fans might not see a SUFC player as the answer to their problems after a pitiful display in losing to Yeovil last night.But £750,000 sounds good does'nt it?

Just like we never paid £175,000 to Barnet for Bailey, a figure cooked up to keep fans of both clubs happy.

If I'm wrong, the club has staff watching this site to correct me.

I don't mind supprting a small club with no money, orhaving players move on, but don't take the micjk out of the fans,especiallyafter last night's performance.

Can't really see the point of the club saying 750 k if it wasn't that amount as it would only add to the pressure from the fans to spend the money we have made on him .

So in that respect i'd say that 750k is indeed the price , plus Charlton obviously knew what his value was and just were being cheeky with the initial bid .

They're not taking the mick. They're putting it as it is. It could one day arrive at 750k.

Knowing our luck, it is probably something like this (though admittedly it is unlikely!) -

£10,000 Fee +
£100,000 should Charlton Get promoted +
£100,000 should Charlton Get into the CHampions League +
£100,000 should Charlton win the Prem +
£100,000 should Charlton win the Champions League +
£340,000 should Bailey move for than £20,000,000

icon12.gif

Can't really see the point of the club saying 750 k if it wasn't that amount as it would only add to the pressure from the fans to spend the money we have made on him .

So in that respect i'd say that 750k is indeed the price , plus Charlton obviously knew what his value was and just were being cheeky with the initial bid .

Oh well, maybe it will be in the accounts one day if presumably shareholders get to see them, maybe not in detail.

A number of you feel better to think it is £750,000, but think about it, to more than double the initial bid?

At the moment we've probably only got £400,000 extra in the bank.

We will only get the full £750,000 IF!! Charlton do well this season... Never been a fan of these 'add on' clauses in a deal.

The fact is Charlton have completely mugged us off if they have a poor season!

Glad to see the back of him now, especially with a nice sum of money coming in :) .. Wonder who we will go on for now that we have more money in the bank! Will we spend it or just rely on more loan signings and freebies!

Charlton couldn't beat Yeovil last night and on their home turf! Don't see them doing too much this season tbh.. Just really hope we get in another class player!

Knowing our luck, it is probably something like this (though admittedly it is unlikely!) -

£10,000 Fee +
£100,000 should Charlton Get promoted +
£100,000 should Charlton Get into the CHampions League +
£100,000 should Charlton win the Prem +
£100,000 should Charlton win the Champions League +
£340,000 should Bailey move for than £20,000,000

icon12.gif

You forgot to include the £1 billion for his international debut.

Thanks for picking up on the point I have been trying to make.

I wonder whether he will give Charlton his 100% right up until he wants to leave of course!?!?!

Timing is all wrong for us (ie the club) so I am afraid that I cannot wish him well, he is however, welcome back if he can stick to the commitment of a contract.

A number of you feel better to think it is £750,000, but think about it, to more than double the initial bid?

That doesn't mean much though as the initial bid was so low. I don't think we've actually got £750k but I don't think it's out of the question either and I don't think the Club are deliberately taking the **** out of us by announcing that as the fee.

He is going to be dissapointed then aint he charlton are not going into the premiership so i suppose he will find another dream team to join

Yeah and if they do somehow scrape into it he'll be replaced by some cheapo Johnny Foreigner anyhow.

Rot on the benches Bailey you ****.

Back