• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barcelona

Booked up to go to Barcelona with the Mrs for a few days in July.
I've been before but wondered if anybody has got any surefire tips on accomodation. We can't decide whether to go for a hotel or rent an apartment. Looking to stay either in/around Barceloneta/Born or at the top end of Las Ramblas near Catalunya Square.

Hopefully British Airways will now leave our flight times alone (went for Edinburgh/London/Barcelona returns and they've already changed 2 of the 4 legs).

I've been before but wondered if anybody has got any surefire tips on accomodation. We can't decide whether to go for a hotel or rent an apartment. Looking to stay either in/around Barceloneta/Born or at the top end of Las Ramblas near Catalunya Square.

Hopefully British Airways will now leave our flight times alone (went for Edinburgh/London/Barcelona returns and they've already changed 2 of the 4 legs).

id be interested in this - going in june

There was some really helpful stuff in the old Live thread, most of it from Southend Lady and Aberdeen. If you search that thread its in there i think, sorry i can't be more specific

There was some really helpful stuff in the old Live thread, most of it from Southend Lady and Aberdeen. If you search that thread its in there i think, sorry i can't be more specific

Wouldn't trust their opinions & recommendations...:p ;) :whistling:

Rich, the other half has gone to Barcelona loads of times on business, so if you want advice on a business type level of accommodation, I can ask him. High chances are it will be a Marriott, Hilton or Intercontinental!

Stay away from Las Ramblas at night unless big black mommas is your thing.

Yes, I remember them from last time!!! :stunned:

Rich, the other half has gone to Barcelona loads of times on business, so if you want advice on a business type level of accommodation, I can ask him. High chances are it will be a Marriott, Hilton or Intercontinental!

Can't do any harm...

El Barrio Gotico is a decent part of town for accomodation.

In terms of things to see/do, the military museum up on Montjuic Hill is probably the dullest museum I have ever been to.

You've done the stadium tour of the Nou Camp before Ricardo haven't you? If not, it's well worth doing...just make sure and spit on the place when leaving, and get yourself up to where the mighty Espanyol play ;)

You've done the stadium tour of the Nou Camp before Ricardo haven't you? If not, it's well worth doing...just make sure and spit on the place when leaving, and get yourself up to where the mighty Espanyol play ;)

Yes, went to Camp Nou last time, although the Mrs really wants to do that so no doubt we'll go back. Do they do stadium tours of the Stadio Olimpico?

Yes, went to Camp Nou last time, although the Mrs really wants to do that so no doubt we'll go back. Do they do stadium tours of the Stadio Olimpico?

Not when I was there. The main gate was just left open for people to take a walk around the stands etc. Bit of a trek up there on the hill - but worth it.

You can see inside the Stadio Olimpico from the street if I remember correctly?

I only spent a day in Barcelona but would love to do a proper holiday there one day.

i went with the missus last summer, booked an aprtment for 4 nights, was about a 5 minute walk to las ramblas and cost about 200 euros in total!! found that the best way of doing it, bit more freedom!! will try and find the site we booked under, was plenty of cheap apartments for rent!

i went with the missus last summer, booked an aprtment for 4 nights, was about a 5 minute walk to las ramblas and cost about 200 euros in total!! found that the best way of doing it, bit more freedom!! will try and find the site we booked under, was plenty of cheap apartments for rent!

Cheers mate.
Be good if you could find the website, sounds just like the kind of info we're after.

Did you have to pay your rental deposit in cash or did they take it via credit card? Just don't fancy being stuck with 200+ Euro in notes with the exchange rates as they currently are once we get our deposit back.

There are loads of apartments off Las Ramblas, so it shouldn't be a problem finding one. I rocked up during the middle of a fiesta weekend without having booked anything and still managed to find accommodation easily enough.

Have a look on here:

Skoosh

The guy that owns it is a friend of mine. He sorted us out a superb hotel for my stag weekend also in Barcelona, but I can't remember what it was called.

Remember wherever you go the Euro rate is so carp that it will be very expensive! Also, keep your hands in your pockets whilst walking up Las Ramblas at night otherwise you'll be chased by 4'11" spanish tarts after your wallet but trying to distract you by promising a blowie! We stayed at the cheapie Hotel Ronda on my mates Stag weekend(was about £30 per room per night). Wouldn't reccomend you taking the mrs there though (middle of red light district).

When i was staying in Salou last year, went and did a tour of the F1 Circuit (Circuit de Catalunia), well, i say went to do a tour, but we got there a day before tour season actually started, so they just let us walk around the outside of the track, and all the stands etc were open, so actually turned out alright anyways since some Superbikes were testing.

n576082819_950915_9750.jpg

n576082819_973448_9010.jpg

I believe if you do the actual tour, you get to go in the pitlane etc and on the podium... if you can tell me if its any good, might go again!

Last edited:
Remember wherever you go the Euro rate is so carp that it will be very expensive!

Trying to box clever by the pair of us sticking a tenner a week away from the week we booked until we go & figure that the £500 or so we'll save will soften how expensive things are in Euros.

At the end of the day though, cost of living is still better value than rip-off Britain!

Back